Tucson or Phoenix AZ for 4th July?

Hi, we'll be on holiday in the Tucson/Phoenix area from Scotland around 4th July and would like to take part in any 4th July celebrations while we are there. Can anyone tell us where we might see a 4th July parade and/or fireworks in the area?

Favorite Answer

Trust me on this one, my friend....I'm from Arizona.

Definitely stay in Scottsdale (which is near Phoenix). Forget about Tucson. See the fireworks in Tempe.

Scottsdale, Phoenix and Tempe are all close to one another.

Tucson isn't close to anything. It's 2 1/2 hours away from Phoenix and is in the middle of nowhere.

P.S. Prepare for heat unlike you've ever felt.

It depends on what you're looking for. My friends and I used to always to to TGI Friday's on Broadway, and they're pretty good at accomodating a larger group. Plus they sing to you for your birthday. The food's okay. If it's just the two of you and/or you're looking for something more romantic, sorry, I probably can't help. I actually haven't been to Tucson in years, but I think I heard that they opened a Cheesecake Factory (maybe in Tucson Mall?). They have great food, huge portions (you can share), and of course EXCELLENT cheesecake. The strawberry lemonades are wonderful. And a little more high-class than Friday's. If there is a Cheesecake Factory there, I highly recommend it. Have fun.

most definitely want to try the tempe town lake for the fire works and old town scottsdale or glendale usually have good parades. Prescott is a great idea and the temperature is usually 20 degrees lower. about 75 miles north/northwest.

Source(s): I have seen most firework shows all over the valley.

I would recommend Phoenix. They have an amazing firework display over Tempe Town Lake. You will love it. Have a great trip.

Source(s): I went last year!!!

Phoenix has multiple locations. Prescott, although a drive, has nice fireworks and a rodeo...quite a pretty town.

There is no reason ever to go to Tuscon...ever!

have fun

my favorites are GCC in Glendale or the baseball training stadium at 83rd Ave & Bell Rd in Peoria.