Why is the trend of Multiple personality is increasing among us....?

I have realized that in past few years, the people whom I met had more than one personality....One their realself and the other one that they want the world to see......One, what they are at home and the other....what they are in the society....people are becoming more fake and they lie very easily.....is it not the cause of decreament in commitments......I am in a big confusion....now if I talk to anybody, I can not guess what kind of a person he/she is and it is effecting my relationship with others......I dont know what to do with this problem.

Do you have the same experience with people......plz give your opinion on this.

Favorite Answer

What you really mean is that you are growing up. It is called maturing and you can now see that everyone is full of sh*t, We're all phonies, and we all wear different masks for different friends, audiences, etc. What else can we do? To survive in a crappy world you have to join the masses and be a bull Sh*iter. Don't worry about it, you'll wear that big false smile well, once the reality of a Utopian world leaves your youthfull head.

********

And I just put my laughing mask on when I read John has a degree in Psychology.

Source(s): My Degree in Bullcrap.
  • MiD

This is how mythology works. It is a public liturgy. It is of ineffable import, according to Karen Armstrong, author of "A Short History of Myth." Everybody plays roles and feels commitment and loyalty to the "greater good." However, the greater good can be seen by the assertion by Ms Armstrong that mythology began when homo sapiens became homo necans, man the killer. It's there to deal with various practical concerns, such as the health problems experienced by killers and the necessity for something approaching love, because every human being needs support to keep going. It's something that killers don't seem to appreciate, as they blame the victim for being weak. They don't take into account that everybody needs support. So in the absence of belief in love, they throw their weight around so as to receive widespread concern instead. 2 Timothy 4:3 For the time will come when people will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear. 4 They will turn their ears away from the truth and turn aside to myths.

It follows that if you're going to take on one role for public perusal, you might as well take on more than one. In fact, the ancient Greeks believed in the music of the spheres (or at least some of them had heard of it) where the various parts of your life operate according to different rules and the various sectors are integrated seamlessly (this is similar to Islam). The alternative is as Jesus said - to keep your eye simple and your whole body will be bright. Integrity essentially means being integrated in your heart, rather than keeping your diversified life going on many different fronts.

I don't think it has increased. What has increased is the amount of pshychobabble that has permeated our daily lives over the last 30 or so years. We are more aware of people doing this, but people have always done it. I would suggest that you not try to guess what other people are like, and just take the time to get to know them as they reveal themselves to you. It isn't neccesary to know another person completely in the first 5 minutes of aquaintence.

That isn't a new phenomenon. We all have secret selves that we don't show others.

Billy Joel commented on this in song The Stranger and that was a good many years ago.

I have felt the same.....may be this is the real face of the society that they all have a fake Identity to others.

• deraz

i don't be conscious of if that is going to artwork. I requested my boss for a examine for my 'others' and he advised me to get out of his place of work or he could call protection. No honest! We do the artwork jointly!

• John G

It is not. It is simply being reported more by a more and more hystrionic media sinking to the lowest common denominator for ratings.

Source(s): My degree in psychology.

'Multiple personality' is the price to pay for 'Too Many Choices' (for ex : 500 channels TV...)

Everybody wants a piece of You - and You want a piece of Everybody !!!

Just Kidding -

Is it just me, or did you refer to yourself in the plural?