in the state of TX, according to defensive driving, you canlegally run over a cat...True??

in the state of TX, according to defensive driving, you canlegally run over a cat...True??

i asked if it was illegal to shoot stray cats or to poison them. apparently i cant go that route, but upon thinking back to a defensive driving class it ook, in TX, if you hit a dog while driving, you must tell the owners. If you hit a cat, you are not obligated to do anything. so instead of shooting them in the head, or poisoning them, can i simply run them over?

Update:

just another comment before you cat lovers come out of the woodworks.......

if you people couuld control your animals, i wouldnt be having to ask this question.

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

its true...the law is the same in england because cats are classed as vermin like rats, if your driving along and cat crosses the road if you swerve and cause an accident you will be arested for dangerous driving, however...if its a dog you must act as if it is a human in the road, no wonder cats need 9 lives eh ?!

• C J
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

My cat has an owner who shoots back, and hits what he aims at. Might want to think that over, before you go running over or shooting cats.

• carrie
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

Boy, you and cats just don't get along do you.I can't believe you don't like to hear them scream under you window at 3 am. I don't like them either. But no you can't just go around with your car killing them, there are neurotic cat lovers out there that are just waiting to see you do that and they will hunt you down. Oh, you have met your match with C J, I would love to be your neighbors it probably would be very interesting!!!!!!!!!

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

even if it was legal...who gives you the right to take the life of any living creature??? you need to take a long hard look at yourself...

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

hahaha, that's sounds about right, it's texas afterall

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.