Loulou asked in TravelUnited StatesBoston · 1 decade ago

Is Everett, MA safe place to live?

Hi,

Does anyone know if Everett, MA is a safe place to live?

Thank you,

12 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Everett is reasonably safe place, but you wouldn't want to live there, because it is heavy industrialized. Nicer places to live nearby would be Boston (North End or Charles Street areas), Somerville, Cambridge, and Charlestown. These places all have areas that you would want to avoid, but they also have good neighborhoods to live in.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 6 years ago

If u dont live in a bubble an not a paranoid worry wart..its as nice a town as any of surrounding cities, in fact its pretty clean, most homes nice..close to boston, public transportation hot lil Latinas..other than a lil too much black..which decay all towns..not bad

• 3 years ago

Is Everett Ma Safe

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Everrett is reasonable safe. It is an "ok" place to live..I don't think you will be disappointed (if you are not expecting much). The nearest train station is Wellingnton on the orange line. You will have to take a bus ride there cause the station is not a walking distance to the residential areas but I think the bus rides will be reasonably short ones.

Try Jamaica Plain or Malden which is the next town from Everett. But honestly, Everett is not that bad.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

I think the most honest way to put it is that of the lower priced, not so nice areas, Everett is one of the safer ones. So it depends what you are comparing it to. Compare it to Dorchester or Chelsea it is very safe. Compare it to Brookline or Newton and it's very dangerous. But of the town that have lower priced housing available it's not as bad as others, but as others pointed out, it lacks many of the amenities some count on.

I remember a friend, who has since moved lol, choose Everett because comparing it to all the areas she could afford at the time, it had the lowest major crimes (murder, rape, attacks). But it did have a fairly high amount of theft and those types of crime so she was always cautious, addeded extra locks etc. She stayed there, saved up and moved to a nicer burb. It's just not a very pretty town to come home to, and it lacks the nice shopping center etc she wanted. If you have more time you might want to check out some local towns that have a little more curb appeal and equal safety.

Bottom line, for an area in it's socioeconomic bracket, coupled with overall town appeal, it's one of the safer ones.

• 1 decade ago

Everett is basically just "okay". There are no real slummy neighborhoods, but there is no particularly nice neighborhoods either. Everything is just pretty much regular okay areas. There is no train service to the area, so you would need to rely on a car or a bus. It will be a safe place to live, but if you're looking for something nicer, you might want to broaden your search.

• Hank
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

vigil-an... miswrites. Geographically, little of Everett is industrial, but it is an older (and small) working class "streetcar suburb" city, with a large proportion of its population consisting of immigrants (from varied countries) and 1st and 2nd generation ethnics. However, the same is what gives much of the place its multicultural enjoyments and there are no slummy neighborhoods. Unfortunately there is no direct subway service but the bus service is very good.

• 1 decade ago

Everett is a safe place to live and very affordful to live in. You should check with the police to see what the crime rate and for incidents.

• Pamela
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

I am a Jew living in Israel and I can tell you there is no safer place for Jews than in Israel. Israel has decent relations with Egypt and Jordan. Syria and Lebanon are problematic, but under control. Life in Israel is amazing - beautiful country, wonderful place to live. We do not have high rates of crime as in many other places; we have a wonderful climate and true freedom of religion. As for the attack on Gaza - it was totally justified by the 10,000 rockets fired at us from Gaza. As a result of the war, this rocket fire has come close to being eliminated. By comparison - Jews are being attacked in France, Germany, England, etc.

• 1 decade ago

i've been to everett and i thought it was retty safe...and there's always the plus that it's close to beantown!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.