Who of you ace programmers has worked with RFID Systems and what kind of application was it used on?

How many other projects have you worked on using the RFID Systems and what type of applications were they? If I asked you to explain what RFID Systems are, could you explain in lay person's language? Please do. Thanks

Also, would like to here apologize for not voting for previous answers you may have given my last questions--My computer was down for over 2 weeks and only just got back online. I would have chosen best answer differently & thanks to the last 2 replies I liked and would have have difficulty deciding which to vote best. Anyway, thanks--I very much appreciate your taking the time to answer & hope I'm forgiven for my absence these past weeks.

Favorite Answer

I have worked on Savi.com products, which are targeted for use in the public sector. Their SiteManager (tm) takes any type of tag read (barcode, aRFID, pRFID) and makes it available for use by any of their products.

RFID hardware allows Radio Frequency Identification tags to be written, noticed, and read. The tag read is added to metadata about the tag read (e.g. location) and is sent to an information system. That information system aids in the logistics of said tagged item within a warehouse and/or within a predetermined transportation route throughout the world.

RFID is not an answer, it is a tool to expedite a business process. Learn and diagram the business process before even considering using RFID.

Source(s): my job

I've never working on RFID but some of my friend do, and we used to form a team to create an idea bout RFID (I'm just a tiny member didn't much research).

Radio-frequency identification (RFID) is an automatic identification method, relying on storing and remotely retrieving data using devices called RFID tags or transponders. An RFID tag is an object that can be attached to or incorporated into a product, animal, or person for the purpose of identification using radio waves (signal).

RFID are shown in identification system such as: smart IC, product tracking, weather tracking, transport payment, human implant etc.

Hope this help you a little bit more and sorry cant help much.