Is it true that the church of latter day saints (a.k.a Mormon) permits poligamy?

I'm astonished when a good friend of mine gave an invitation of her FATHER's WEDDING. The fact is her MOM IS STILL ALIVE
And they're all happy of that. How can it be? Doesn't make my sense, christian marriage is monogamous.
Update: #Ever hear of divorce, Einstein?
*Hey Hawkings, her parents were not divorced/ I wouldn't ask if her parents had divorced yet.
Didn't you see the word poligamy?
Update 2: O, I forgot to tell that I am an Indonesian and my friend, her pa, her ma, and his 2nd step ma are Indonesians. Our law does not prohibit polygamy. Our 1st president Sukarno had a lot of wives > 100 perhaps, our previous vice pres had 9 wives. Many of state ministers had a lot wives too. They married this... show more O, I forgot to tell that I am an Indonesian and my friend, her pa, her ma, and his 2nd step ma are Indonesians.

Our law does not prohibit polygamy. Our 1st president Sukarno had a lot of wives > 100 perhaps, our previous vice pres had 9 wives. Many of state ministers had a lot wives too.

They married this morning (sunday), the party was extravagant. They use the ballroom of JW MARRIOT HOTEL in Jakarta, can you imagine the cost will be. They're not rich at all. Her pa is a just a clerk in a bank, and her ma is a nurse. Her step ma is a clerk too in the same bank another branch.

Her biological mom is very happy (AND SO DOES HER PA & STEP MA) and I cannot stop thinking how this happened.

I am confused, if I had a wife and she cheated on me or ask me to permit her marrying again I can't ever permit her.