Dear Muslims and Christens???? Please take time and read the 2 incidents given and respond sincerely?

When Prophet Muhammad started getting revelations he became suicidal and thought to kill himself. A great fear came in his heart and he was not even sure what he was getting and from whom?

The so called angel caught him (forcefully) and pressed him hard that he could not bear it anymore. Like wise 3 times the spirit pressed him hard and he can’t bear it any more.Then Mohammed ( Allah's Apostle ) returned with the Inspiration, his neck muscles twitching with terror till he entered upon Khadija and said, "Cover me! Cover me!" They covered him till his fear was over and then he said, "O Khadija, what is wrong with me?" Then he told her everything that had happened and said, 'I fear that something may happen to me." Further we read that Khadija accompanied him to her cousin Waraqa and Muhammad told his story to him. Waraqa told him that it is from angel Gabriel who keeps the secret. You can see that Muhammad wasn't sure about his revelation from where he was getting this

Only Khadijah and Waraqa were giving him clues that it may be this and it may be that. Further we read that Muhammad became so disturbed that he tried to kill himself.

All these Hadith writings suggest that Muhammad was not getting his revelations from God but from devil. If we read the Bible we can understand that none of the Bible prophets felt suicidal or were in deep distress after meeting God ore being in the presence of God.

In Bible we read about Saul that he was once filled with the Spirit of God but when he sinned against God and disobeyed Him the Spirit of God left him and a distressing evil spirit came and tormented him" (1 Sam 16:14-23). Because of this evil spirit Saul was greatly troubled in his heart. Days, months and years passed by and a day came in his life when he reached to the point where God did not respond to him and it made him really sick. Finally Saul died a tragic death by killing himself.

Thank you for your comments

God bless you

Favorite Answer

Indeed troubled people possessed by a demon have drawn converts to them throughout history - there was Jim Jones the founder of Jonestown, where so many were led to suicide. Then there are the founders of the less violent Jehovah's Witnesses and the Mormons who also drew their converts with lies. It could very well be that Islam is such a religion. There is afterall no mention in the Quran as there is so very often in God's Word of the word love - "love one another", "love your neighbor", and even "love your enemy". Hardly any thing even remotely resembling that is found is the Quran. It is a religion founded on fear and sustained by fear. Their only sure way of entering paradise is to commit murder.

Source(s): God's word alone.

One time when I was homeless a man said to me I need to check out the mormon faith and Islam to know my Christian God better. I was off my medication at the time and so I went and bought a Koran.

It was a wonderful book and truely inspired. I have to admit no mortal could have writtten that book. I know an angel recited it but I think perhaps it was an angel of light.

When it talks about Mary and Jesus and the virgin birth the spirit manifests and spits the words out into the Koran in hate and in malice. The demon could not stop manifesting and that is when all the former beauty of the book fell away in my mind.

I love the muslims that I meet but they do not have the Holy Spirit and so cannot discern the evil in that book when it talks about Mary and Jesus.

Muslims say Jesus is one of their prophets, but if he is one of thier prophets they should obey what he taught.

He said, Repent and be baptised for the Kingdom of God is here.

He also said, I am the Way, the Truth and the Life and no man comes to the Father (God) but through me.

The Koran is divinely inspired no doubt about that. But just like conversations with God by Nealle donald Walsh it's not the Holy Spirit that inspired it.

I hope that helps.

Sorry all you muslims. I come in love and speak the truth. Email me if you want to talk further.

God bless

The Prophet was experiencing a revelation that would make any person question the experience. The total message of the Quran is one of peace and caring for your fellow human being, when read with an open mind it has many of the same messages as the Christian bible.

You should read the Old Testament before you make sweeping statements about Bible prophets, one was asked to build an altar and sacrifice his son, another had children with his wife's slave and Jesus's ancestor David wrote a few Psalms that indicate fear of God.

Criticizing another religion serves no higher purpose when both deify the same God.

The goal you should seek is to rise above religion, develop a personal relationship with God and improve the world around you.

I do not know enough about the Muslim religion to know if this was taken out of context or how much of a bias has been placed on what you wrote. But assuming there is nothing more to the story then I would have to believe that Mohammed was tormented by demons that drove him to be suicidal while Paul was tormented only after abandoning God.

Therefore I would have to believe that Mohammed was never truly inspired by His God or any other God.

Answer based solely on what was asked. As I said I do not know enough about the Muslim religion to give an informed answer.

In the Bible Jonah wished to die after an encounter with God. So much so that he sat out in the middle of nowhere outside of Ninevah under the burning sun. I guess you could say that is kinda suicidal. He probably would have died if God had not provided a plant for shade.

If you look at the prophet Muhammed and Jesus there are distinct differences.

Jesus taught unconditional love. Muhammed taught conditional love.

Kill the Mushrikun (unbelievers) wherever you find them, and capture them and besiege them, and lie in wait for them in each and every ambush..." Sura 9:5.

Please note that there is not a single verse in the entire Christian Bible that contains this "open-ended", universal command to kill/or be ruthless to unbelievers. In fact Jesus teaches us to love our enemies.

Matthew 5:44

But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you

False gods often require the blood of the innocent. While the true God offered his own blood so that the guilty could be free.

Jesus did miracles (Sura 3:49; 5:110), but Muhammad did not (Sura 13:8: "thou art a warner [of coming divine judgment] only"; also 6:37; 6:109; 17:59 and 17:90-93).

Jesus was sinless (Sura 3:46), but Muhammad sinned and needed forgiveness (Sura 40:55: "Ask forgiveness of thy sin"; 42:5: "Ask forgiveness for those on the Earth"; 47:19: "Ask forgiveness for thy sin" ; 48:2: "that Allah may forgive thee of thy sin").

Jesus was called "the Messiah" by Allah in the Qur'an. And Jesus was even born of a virgin (Sura 3:45-57)! Yet Muhammad who had 12 wives, 2 concubines, and participated in many attacks on innocent caravans and villages, and insisted on 20% of all the booty from these raids -- is supposed to be the greatest of the prophets.

Both Muslim holy books (Qur'an/Koran and Hadith) contain commands for Muslims to subjugate the world, militarily. Muhammad commanded Muslims to spread Islam through Offensive Jihad; or conquest of non-Muslim lands. Muslims are also commanded to take back any land that was formerly Muslim, such as Israel.

as for Saul he is very like David in that they constantly sinned against God even when they knew better. The difference is repentence. When God told David of his sins he accepted punishment and repented. Saul did not repent. He was chosen of God but followed his own desires and pleasures instead of Gods commands.

I like that you point out the revelations of muhammed came from Satan not Gabriel. Both are angels. However one serves God the other serves only himself. Both are clever and powerful but one reflects the glory of God and the other while attractive is only a shadow of what he once was. He is the great deciever.

There were several incidents where prophets saw the glory of God in the Bible, all incidents were a response of awe.

I saw the Lord sitting on a throne, high and lifted up, and the train of His robe filled the temple...“Holy, holy, holy is the LORD of hosts; The whole earth is full of His glory!”

So I said: “Woe is me, for I am undone! ...For my eyes have seen the King, The LORD of hosts.” - Isaiah 6

There was a prophet who was suicidal, but it was not from seeing God, but rather feeling sorry for himself. This was Elijah after challenging the prophets of baal.

of course he wasnt sure. he didnt know he was the last prophet of allah until the revelations. and waraqa was a christian monk and he got a thing from the bible that said there would be last prophet. thats how waraqa knew. and the prophet was just scared. i didnt read any story of him that said he wanted to commit suicide. i don think that is fact.

peaceout

By their fruits you shall know them. The tree is known by the fruit. Life and it's Giver are at opposites, to death and murder. The likely hood that a righteous pure religion would foster the murder of women and children would be contrary to the nature of God.

It's not like I thought Mohammed got his "inspiration" from God in the first place.

Saul, on the other hand, had known God, and turned his back on God out of greed and power. He repented out of fear of God, not because of true repentance for the evil he did.

"If we study the Bible we are able to comprehend that not one of the Bible prophets felt suicidal or have been in deep misery after assembly God ore being in the presence of God." ok...yet you stated muhammad replaced into getting revelations from the devil, so what does that ought to do with it?