What is a popular tourist attraction in France?

I don't need the Eiffel Tower, Palace of Versalles, or the Cathedral of Notre Dame.

Favorite Answer

I've heard that the sewers are very interesting.

Here is a quiz I made about them:

http://www.funtrivia.com/quizdetails.cfm?quiz=2346...

I was there about 11 years ago with a high school group. Aside from the obvious attractions, the Sacré Coeur on Montmartre was beautiful if you got there just before the sun set. There are many stairs to walk up. Once we got to the top there were many people already there, sitting on the steps waiting for the sun to set. As the sun sets you can watch all the lights in the city below all turn on. I can be quite pretty. Also, the Mulan Rouge is over that way too...within walking distance. We also got to take a tour of a perfume/soap factory and swam topless at the beach in Nice.

Well, I think most people have listed the obvious ones- but for me, there is a really interesting & famous wax museum in Paris called Le Grevin (with an accent aigu on the e). Also, check out some of Paris' fine dining.

You also might want to check out La Rue de La Fayette- (rue=street), because they have wonderful light displays, especially during Christmas time!

My advice is to go out to Brittany (Quimper would be best) to visit a traditional Breton city. It's on the coast and it is such as beautiful city. But anywhere is Brittany would be a great time.

If you are a history person, Normandy is probably where you want to go. Visit the sites of World War II, go to Rouen, where Joan or Arc was killed, Monet's home and gardens at Giverney , and the list goes on.

The best, though, would be to go out to the Loire Valley. If you base camp out of Tours (one of the larger cities in the region, which is a great place to visit in itself), you can go see some of the magnificent chateaux and in some cases their gardens. Some of them, like Chambord, Chenonceau, and Amboise, are beautiful and regularly open to the public.

Here is the link to a list of the top 40 most visited attractions in France:

http://bonjourlafrance.net/france-tourist-attracti...

I hope this helps.

I think I understood your travel needs (I don't need the Eiffel Tower...). I found worldwide carnivals and festivals site, and if you looking for touristic events in France try it at:

http://www.carnifest.com/search_results.asp?theme=...

Enjoy your stay in France.

japo

the first vacationer attraction in France.... isn't french! it particularly is Disneyland Paris. Then i imagine of it particularly is Paris (regularly.... you comprehend: Notre Dame, Louvre, Eiffel Twr, Champs Elysées...) In normandy and Brittany you'll locate lot of subject matters (beaches [no matter if the water isn't that warmth!], le Mont Saint Michel [suitable!], suitable cities, large way of life....). on the jap aspect, the important important challenge is the Alps w/ the Mont Blanc (optimal mountain in Europe). sturdy cities for vacationers interior the East are Lyon [i'm from proper the following], Grenoble, Annecy. Switzerland isn't very a suggestions from Lyon, neither is Italy so it particularly is obtainable. interior the South, suitable, the extra suitable section is between Toulon and helpful (i imagine of) w/ suitable coastal cities no longer too crowded and Saint Tropez. The French Riviera is really between helpful and Monaco. it particularly is genuinely helpful too, yet in the course of the summer season damage it particularly is overcrowded. lower than no circumstances been to Marseille besides the undeniable incontrovertible reality that it can be large too. For a rural Tourism you should visit the Loire section (large with diverse castles to bypass to, very interesting), and to the South of Massif necessary and to Ardeche, Luberon, and so on... To surf you favor to bypass interior the acute South West on the threshold of Biarritz. it particularly is large there yet very a suggestions (From proper the following, i suggestions from Lyon, it takes 8.30h to bypass there!)) i ought to favor to have forgotten places (of route I particularly have) besides the undeniable incontrovertible reality that it is a start up. besides, Lyon is vast for vacationers, you do not ought to favor to bypass to the completed u . s . concepts-blowing?! favor that facilitates.(sorry for the languages blunders)

There are catheradrals you could see in France you could look some of the castles you could go to the museums and there masoinic

Arc de Triumph & The Louvre

Well,

Mont Saint Michel is one of the most visited I would assume.