Z-Unit asked in SportsFantasy Sports · 1 decade ago

Should I drop Randy Johnson from my fantasy team?

I can pick up pitchers like Mark Hendrickson, Jeff Suppan, Jason Marquis, Millwood, Contreras, and Maddux...

• Dan
    Favorite Answer

yeah, hes old. get Mark Henderson Or Maddux would be better. Maddux or Jason Marquis would be the best to get. they are doing good.

i actually put mark henderson and jason marquis on my team yesterday. they are doing great.

Yes, you should drop Johnson. His velocity is way down. His fastball is no longer what it was, and his slider doesn't have the break it used to have. He gave up 5 earned runs today and his season ERA is 6.50 which is horrible. There is no room for that on a fantasy roster.

That ERA probably won't be much lower since last season it was at 5.00 which is bad.

He's just old and has had his good years in the majors but he doesn't have the stuff he once had.

As for players to add, I would get Tim Lincecum if available. He was just called up to the majors and allowed 1 run in 31 innings pitched in the Minors. Amazing stuff.

If he is not available go for Marquis. He has 4 wins and a 2.09 ERA. Not bad numbers there.

Hope this helps.

drop him like a bad habit. i went to the same high school as randy. he is done.

go for suppan or james shields if he is avail

jay

livermore, ca

johnson hasn't been good in a long time. he should retire. stay away from jose. go for a solid pitcher like oswalt or maine from the mets. can't go wrong there.

Randy Johnson is Randy Johnson. Stay with him. Come on, he's the big UNIT! He'll come around eventually.

Stick a fork in him; he's done!

check out www.ffwizard.com

Source(s): me