Legs
Legs asked in Pregnancy & ParentingNewborn & Baby · 1 decade ago

Nursing bras?

I am on the hunt for some nursing bras that are comfortable but still feel sexy...I don't want frumpy bras. I heard about these condessa bras ..

http://www.condessainc.com/collections.html

Does anyone have one? Do you like them?

Any other recommendations?

I got the cheap-O ones from Target and they just fell apart.. So I will skip K-Mart.

Feeling sexy does not make me "VAIN" thank you very much..

and it won't really matter what my husband thinks of it if I don't feel sexy and confident..

This is the second baby I have nursed.. and I've been nursing him for 5 months now.. I am pretty well aware of how to prevent from hurting my breasts and nipples. We've past all of that..

Favorite Answer

I used the elle mcpherson (sp?) bras and liked them alot. I was up to a D cup (from a small B before pregnancy) and these offered good support but were still very femanine. I know how you feel. It is very important to feel sexy and not so "motherly" all the time. They were very easy to undo the flap one handed which is always nice for easy feeding. I bought mine from Nordstrom (if you buy online there I believe it is a 5 dollar flat rate for shipping) or try this site-

http://www.breastchester.com/viewall1.html

it looked like they had some nice ones beside the Elle...but I have never tried the others. Good luck!

• Evin

The Elle Macpherson ones are cute, I second that, and Nordstrom online does have some pretty ones. If you have a high-end lingerie store in your city, they can actually customize most bras to be nursing bras. It's a little bit of a splurge, but what a nice thing to have. I still only have utilitarian nursing bras, but would kill for a girlie one. Good luck finding one that makes you feel like a million bucks!

I'm with texel with the huge milk bags but Ive seen some cute ones on jcpenney.com

Do a web search for nursing bras, there are some sites that have sexy bras! some of them don't even look like nursing bras!

• n2mama

I was so excited when I found a lacy, PRETTY nursing bra at Motherhood Maternity. I prefer wireless bras, since I only got up to a small C cup with my nursing breasts, and I really like the one I got there. It's kind of funny, but it's nice to have a pretty bra to flash if you child pulls up your shirt while they're nursing.

I recommend Medela nursing bras or Bravado. Super comfortable and look nice as well. I have an 11 month old and am still nursing. Good luck!

Source(s): www.medela.com www.bravado.com

Go frumpy! LOL! I am a nurse that works in and Obgyn's office, and so many women want to get pretty ones, but when your breasts are as sore as they can and most likely WILL get, you want a nice soft cotton bra. Maybe not the best looking, but cotton is the way to go. Lace can really make sore nipples raw and even to the point of redness and bleeding, so I would recommend putting your vanity aside and going with cotton. I have one pretty one that I found at JCPenney in a pink microfiber fabric that is really soft and pretty. But I wouldn't dream of doing lace!

Good luck!

Source(s): Nurse of more than 10 years in Obgyn's office

they dont make sexy nursing bras for my big cow bag teats.I am having same problem. I found some sexy ones but they werent nursing ones. I wish I could find them... someone send me a link for boobs that are huge!!!! I have to wear ones from Layne Bryant and man all they are is functional and nothing more.

I know exactly how you feel. Motherhood Maternity has some cute sexy nursing bras! try there!

just remember when you are trying the bras on to have someone (like your husband) take a look, a nursing bra does not look sexy to the woman that is wearing it, you know that it has an underying motive, so ask your husbands opinion before you buy

i never used nursing bras i liked the snap in front better and they are sexy to