Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 decade ago

Question regarding Knowledge and Life...?

When faced with the choice of knowledge or life...

Why is it that we are prone to seek knowledge over experiencing life?

Favorite Answer

Life without knowledge of oneself is not life, it is suffering. Once one truly finds, one finds that life is truth, before knowing this there is no real life. The life I use to think I was living was a lie, however beginning to see the lie of my life I was able to seek truth. Nothing happens in Gods world by mistake. ~ : )

The wise will recognize that there is enormous wisdom to be found in life, and seek to experience both, not shut oneself away to read and call that "knowledge". Knowledge is meaningless if it isn't applied, the succesful application of Knowledge, becomes Wisdom, and you need Life to help you out with that....

• Jamie

Knowledge is part of experiencing life and experiencing life results in knowledge.

Your point?

Smile.

The kids of today would rather experience the bad themselves, than to be told what is bad or not.

So I dont think your question applies to them.

But it applies to the elders, who would rather not make any life changing mistakes, so they look for knowledge and not just experience.

Another reason could be, our appetite for information rarely ever subsides.

Source(s): I tried.
  • Sunman

Because man cannot live by bread alone.

Without a sense of dramatic meaning and purpose in life, you won't have a reason or motivation to continue. Why do many animals die in captivity?

Because knowledge that your brakes work can save you from an untimely end whilst enjoying life in the fast lane.

"Speak for your self, Kemosabe"

I don't think you can say that "we are prone to seek knowledge over life experience."

I for one don't.

• Dave P

Because an uninformed life is not worth living. That's been true since well before Plato said it.

You need to experience life but to appreciate life you need to understand your experiences. Otherwise you might as well be a house pet.

Who says all of us would rather have knowledge?

Only the wise among us make that choice... learning from history doesn't burn the way the "school of hard knocks" does.