When can I drop the Mortgage insurance premium on my FHA loan?

I have to pay MIP on my loan . It is our first house and an FHA loan. The purchase price was 139k . I paid 10k down and had the mortgage insurance premium($1920.) financed in the loan at 1.5 %. I emailed chase and they sent a letter saying they are the servicer of the loan and cant drop it.... HUD will have to. I... show more I have to pay MIP on my loan . It is our first house and an FHA loan. The purchase price was 139k . I paid 10k down and had the mortgage insurance premium($1920.) financed in the loan at 1.5 %. I emailed chase and they sent a letter saying they are the servicer of the loan and cant drop it.... HUD will have to. I looked at HUDs website and they say they cant drop it , the mortgage company has to.

When I spoke to the rep on the phone(could barely understand her) She said 3 conditions must be met. It must be paid for a minimum of 5 years,be current, and LTV ratio reach 78%.

HUD has a specific link on the wesite giving conditions , but its hard to understand. I asked the mortgage rep if I could get a new appraisal since weve made improvements and drop it. She said I could but we would have to contact HUD with the new appraisal. She also said the LTV ratio is not on the loan price , but the purchase price(before down payment.) Noone there is helpful and would like some answers.
Update: To be clear, after the down payment, the loan 129920. was 129k plus the mip of 1920. I am confused about the LTV. Is it the new appraise value % compared to the purchase price? (She said not counting down payment) Is this amount before the financed 1920 mip? Who do I contact with the appraisal to drop it? Both are... show more To be clear, after the down payment, the loan 129920. was 129k plus the mip of 1920. I am confused about the LTV. Is it the new appraise value % compared to the purchase price? (She said not counting down payment) Is this amount before the financed 1920 mip? Who do I contact with the appraisal to drop it? Both are telling me the other one has to drop it. I get the distinct feeling that Chase does not want be to drop it. Had this loan 3 years. I pay at least $100.00 additional principal each month. Never been even one day late.

Please someone give me specifics of what I would need to do to get it drop. It would save $53. a month I could put toward my principal and that is a lot of interest saved- thousands. I have painted , put on new roof and added skylights. Carpet is next. What specifically do I do and what are the laws with HUD? Which one has to drop it? I keep gettng the run around. You can email me with any more details needed. thanks
Update 2: Please dont respond with promotions or solicitations. I only want the law concerning dropping the mip. I have a great rate and am in no way behind.I have no other loans and I am in no way drowning in debt(thus paying extra principal) My loan is going great, just thought I would eliminate any uneeded extra payment.