why doesn't Fry's Electronics advertise in the San Francisco Chronicle?

Fry's Electronics advertises in every single major paper in the Bay Area except for the SF Chronicle. Is there bad blood beween the Chronicle and Fry's?

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

The reason is because Fry's Electronics stores are mainly located in the South Bay, while most of the Chronicle readers are living in or living close to San Francisco.

San Francisco residents are unlikely to drive all the way to the South Bay to purchase a computer or a television. If they want to buy electronics, they would just buy from Best Buy, Circuit City, and Sears that are in or near San Francisco.

If Fry's has stores in San Francisco, San Meteo, or Oakland, then Fry's would advertise with the Chronicle.

• Sav
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

Fry's usually advertises on the back page of the Sports section of most major newspapers. As you can imagine I'm sure that the Sports section is not read that often in San Francisco for obvious reasons.

(that was a joke)

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Fry's is not in San Francisco and I guess the market they reach is not in San Francisco. Too far to travel for most San Franciscans I would guess.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Too expensive, maybe!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.