Cipher asked in Arts & HumanitiesHistory · 1 decade ago

How did Joan of Arc die?

I saw a simpsons episode last night where it was about Joan of Arc, apparently she was burned alive but I dont know because they are cartoons. How did she die?

• Favorite Answer

Don't buy the line of crap some posters here are saying. She was burned at the steak, she was convicted of heresy by a rouge pro-British bishop in France. She was creating a unified French defense and offense against the English, and the pro-Brit bishop decided he'd help his friends by killing off the unifying factor for the French army. The whole religious motif was a front for a political move by the Bishop in order to justify burning Joan alive.

Her trial was nullified in 1456. The only reason it wasn't nullified in 1450 was because a civil court heard the case, but lacked the power to overrule the conviction. The Pope at the time didn't hear the case, because he feared that the English would be needed to fight the Muslims, on the offensive again during this time. Granted Joan died in 1431, which makes these trials seem pointless to many modern readers.

Source(s): In short, yes burned at the steak.
    • Lv 7
      3 years agoReport

I think you mean stake.

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

How did Joan of Arc die?

Source(s): joan arc die: https://tr.im/BQTfg

Where Joan Of Arc Died

Yes, in reality, Joan of Arc was burned alive.

Joan of Arc was accused and convicted of heresy and was burned at the stake in 1431. She was later vindicated and declared a saint in the early 20th century.

• DAR76

She heard voices (saints) tell her to lead France into victory but was condemned by the Roman Catholic Church. She was burned alive at the stake as a hertic. She was later canonize many years later and was know as St. Joan of Arc.

She was burned on the stake by the English for witchcraft.

The English only burned her because they just needed a reason to kill off the only person who gave the French people hope and reason to fight back.

• MG

She was burned at the stake after being capture and trialed by the British for heresy

Source(s): I Read the book

Yes she was burned at the Stake they say her Heart never burned proof that she was a saint.

• 3lixir

She was burned at the stake for heresy at the age of 19.