How can a guy who says he's madly in love you and wants to marry you, 4 months later, fall for another girl?

Can a guy really fall in love with someone else that quickly? How can he get over it so fast?

Would appreciate some serious answers.

• Best Answer

yes, they can tell you that. But, was he really madly in love with you? Sadly, no. He sounds like the type of guy who just goes around saying whatever he thinks a girl wants to hear to get into her pants. He's also not in love with the new girl he's "fallen" for. He'll do the same thing to her and others. Count your blessings that you didn't marry a guy who's so fickle and fake and cruel. It's just wrong to go around playing with the heart's of others, telling you that he was madly in love with you. In my past experiences I've always tended to get the "I love you" wayyy too soon from guys and I never trusted it. So, when the real thing finally happened it was hard for me to believe that this guy REALLY did love me. Don't let this guy jade you and keep you from trusting a guy in the future who truly will fall and be madly in love with you. I'm sorry this happened to you. I know it hurts. :(

Source(s): I've had guys who claimed to be madly in love with me do the same thing. Most guys think with their little heads. :)

She was a married woman and she has 3 young kids! What would you think of a woman who left her livelihood for a man 9 years younger than her? Accept what the two of you had and move on. You don't have friends? Make friends. You're at a university. It's not that hard. You don't have family? Appreciate your mom for who she is. She won't always be here. You think girls always leave you? She's obviously not that great, because she left you too. Go find a real, available girl who will love you for who you are.

If he can fall in love with you so soon definitely he can fall for others gals as fast. I have met alot of guys saying the same thing sometimes when they say dun take it so serious. I always believe that if its yours it will be yours no point hanging on when he had fallen for someone else. Do you want a guy who had cheated on you to be with you again? He may any moment lied to you again and you will always fear that he will cheat on you. Not only guys are that flickerminded sometimes some girls i know is also the same. The guy you met i suppose he is like a predator looking for preys. Be careful.

OOH, that happened to me but it was less than four months later!!! Guys are selfish, lying, cheating, evil, bass fish who don't consider your feelings before they decide to mess with your heart and your life. They will go all out to get you and then once they have you they want someone else.

You need to do something nice for yourself. Get a pedicure or a new haircut. By a new outfit. Do something to take care of YOU since you are the only one who can right now, and someone needs to.

I hope you feel better soon.

You tried to play a game on him....and u lost your catch!! It happens...i think it's called THE ONE THAT GOT AWAY!

Don't be such a fool next time. When u find the one YOU Luv hold him tight.

p.s. My man, by living together thinx that's enough of a commitment...so he sayz what do u need marriage/ring for?? I tell him so that I won't go away...little does he know, if someone proposes marriage I M GONE!!

shh...don't tell...

he more than likely aint in love he's just trying to get over pain of not being with the person he wanted to marry!! guys have a funny way of expressing emotions!!!

girl get used to mens flowery words. they often use that to get girls fall on them and to get women's attentions. such guy wasn't truly inlove. they are in looking and choosing stage. and so they tend to change feelings everytime they saw another girl. so just be careful to players.although there some few who are serious but as ive said only few of them. good luck

There is a great possibility that this guy was really immature and did not know what love was to begin with.

More than likely, he will be wishy-washy with most woman in his life and will never know the joys of true commitment.

Be glad that you are rid of him.

then he wasnt in love girl, he was just playing u a real man who loves a woman would never be so stupid my sister had the same situation and the guy left her flat it turns out he had a long term relationship with some other girl and they got back together. U basically cant trust no one anymore fairy tales r really just stories

Sounds like a great line to get into your pants, hopefully he didn't?