Is hongkong disney land near hong kong baptist university?

Im going to hong kong this coming july for a project in hong kong baptist university,at the same time i also want to take the opportunity to discover hong kong disney land...

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Best Answer

Not really that close, but don't worry, the public transportation system of Hong Kong makes travelling not a problem!

HKBU is located in Kowloon Tong, which is more or less centrally located in Hong Kong, slightly on the eastern side. It is close to the Kowloon Tong MTR station, a big shopping mall called Festival Walk (complete with an ice rink!) and another university, City U. of HK.

Disneyland is on Lantau Island, which is in the southwest of Hong Kong. It is supplied by the MTR Disneyland Resort Line.

Geographically the two places are not close, but you can get there easily by MTR. Go to the Kowloon Tong station, get on the train on Kwun Tong Line towards Yau Ma Tei. Change to Tsuen Wan line towards Tsuen Wan at Prince Edward Station. Change to Tung Chung line towards Tung Chung at Lai King. Get off at Sunny Bay and take the Disneyland Resort Line.

You'll get there in roughly 35 minutes, perhaps a few minutes more due to the wait between trains. The fare for adults is $20, or $18.1 by Octopus card. (Make sure you get an Octopus card in Hong Kong, it's very convenient!)

Disneyland can also be reached by bus, but I do not recommend it for you. You're already that close to the MTR station... also, MTR is cheaper, faster, and the Disneyland Resort Line is worth seeing. They have re-designed the MTR trains with a Disney theme!

Enjoy your stay in Hong Kong!

• 1 decade ago

No, Hong Kong Baptist University is on Kowloon Side and Hong Kong Disneyland is on Lantau Island, but the MTR connects these 2 places. Duchess gave u a very good answer.

• 1 decade ago

Sorry but they are not at all close to each other.

Disney is located on the north east of Lantau island while HKBU is located in the Kowloon Tong area on the pennisula side.

The good news is that HK is relatively small and most places can be reached within 1 hour. The bad news is that HKBU is not that near the MTR routes and it will require a transfer by bus. It would be better if you just take a taxi for the very first time once you are in Kowloon (the pennisula side)

See the following links for details.

But frankly, for amusement park wise, HK disney is under sized and over valued. The ocean park is a much better deal even though its an older attraction.

• 3 years ago

there are dissimilar different places to visit in Hong Kong and also you may want to visit the former chinese houses without employing for visa, in case you don't want a visa to visit Hong Kong. there are dissimilar different historic previous internet sites to visit in Hong Kong and Hong Kong is usually a gourmand paradise, so have a luxury meal continuously or connect a excursion prepared through Greyline excursions or the sought to really comprehend the in depths of Hong Kong in form. Do remember that there is likewise an OCean Park to visit, in case you want topic park or not, the proper is likewise a great position to visit to, with a vacation on the proper tram to sum up your vacation in Hong Kong. So have interesting and performance a great vacation in Hong Kong contained in the close to destiny.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

My family and I went to HK Disneyland. My wife and I had a really good time there going on all the rides. Oh, and the kids loved it too! Gettin there by train (MTR or whatever they call it) was easy. Just follow the advice of Duchess. Enjoy!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.