Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsCats · 1 decade ago

Is there quaratine for cats? If so, how long is it for?

My friend is planning on bring home 2 cats with her to NY. She got the cats from another country. They're healthy and with complete shots. But she's worried that quarantine might be long and the cats might be stressed during this time. Is there really quaratine for small animals such as cats?

Favorite Answer

Please see the State Regulations:

http://www.aphis.usda.gov/vs/sregs/ny.html

You will need to call to find out. Go onto the state's website and search for quarantine and you might get a hit. Otherwise you can contact the airline and they might know, too.

The only definitive answer I could find was regarding Hawaii, where the period is 130 days. I've included the link, along with telephone numbers to inquire. You don't mention where your friend is coming from, and I'm guessing that makes a difference.

Sandy

• ?

in some states around 4 weeks but unknow some might not even have to. Checkwith the animal doctors.