Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsCats · 1 decade ago

Is there quaratine for cats? If so, how long is it for?

My friend is planning on bring home 2 cats with her to NY. She got the cats from another country. They're healthy and with complete shots. But she's worried that quarantine might be long and the cats might be stressed during this time. Is there really quaratine for small animals such as cats?

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Please see the State Regulations:

http://www.aphis.usda.gov/vs/sregs/ny.html

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

You will need to call to find out. Go onto the state's website and search for quarantine and you might get a hit. Otherwise you can contact the airline and they might know, too.

• 1 decade ago

The only definitive answer I could find was regarding Hawaii, where the period is 130 days. I've included the link, along with telephone numbers to inquire. You don't mention where your friend is coming from, and I'm guessing that makes a difference.

Sandy

• ?
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

in some states around 4 weeks but unknow some might not even have to. Checkwith the animal doctors.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.