Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsBoxing · 1 decade ago

I am having a boxing ppv party. We want to do a cool "betting pool", any ideas?

We want to have everyone put $5 in a pot, but want to find and interesting way to win the money. Has anyone else found a fun way to bet on boxing that can be done amongst friends?? Thank you in advance.

• Dog
    Favorite Answer

Write out the number of each round on its own piece of paper so that you have 12 pieces total, fold them up, and put them in a hat or bowl.

Before the fight starts, shuffle the numbers and have each person that put in $5 randomly select one piece of paper from the bowl.

The person who's number matches the round in which the fight ends, wins the pot. For example, if you draw #3 out of the hat and the fight ends in the third round, you win the pot.

This works best if you have 12 people willing to put in $5 each for a number, but it can also work if you have people willing to pay for more than one number. Or, if you have a lot of people, you can have 2 sets of 12, one for each boxer. Some people do it with 13 numbers so that there's a piece of paper assigned to a decision result, others just consider the #12 to account for both the round and a decision.

1

Source(s): 100% Sport Predictions Picks - http://WinningPicks.oruty.com/?VLj

Dang it, Dog H also seems to use the same pool we do. Put the numbers 1-12 on little pieces of paper. Sell each piece of paper for about 3-5bux a piece. The person that has the paper with the round the fights ends, wins the pot. *Important* you want to make sure that people understand the "Round Rules" This is important incase, lets just say that Mayweather quits on his stool going to round ten. The person that has round 9 and the person that has round 10 will argue over the pot. So you want to make sure to establish the rule of your choice prior to the pot. For example, when Mayweather goes to his stool after 9 rounds, sits and decides he isnt going to make it, the person that was holding the round 10 number wins because Round 9 is over.

How To Bet On Boxing

I don't like it because I need to be in control. Fine, the aliens might provide me with some nice things, but those things wouldn't truly belong to me. No, I need to know that I truly own my land (for which I pay a fee to the government so it is not taken it away from me), that my car is all mine (until the lease runs out), that my nice paycheck is all mine (after it is heavily taxed/after Sallie Mae takes a huge chunk out of it for the student loans I amassed so I could get a job with a nice paycheck), and I take comfort in the fact that I've never had to ask anyone for permission to do anything (except for my boss, my bosses boss, teachers, police officers, banks, licensing organizations, and anyone who I've ever been in a serious relationship with).

Just do it ol' school: Get everyone together and just say I got five dollars on this fighter and if no one replies then you have no bets, and your friends is not gamblers. But if you do shake hands and the bet is on! Do not need a great thought for this idea. It is simple and str8 to the point...

you can find sample "Boxing Pool" templates online - similar to football pool. That way everyone can pick their round etc

Maybe put in the $5 and state who they think will win along with the number of rounds that their boxer wins or boxer along with total points that they will score. Closest one wins all.

Put your money on Mayweather and forget the rest.....I know this has nothing to do with your question. But oh well.