What does diffuse fatty liver change mean ?

I have not been well since January. I had an Ultrasound then and it read that I had a fatty liver. To make a long story short, I had a CT with and without contrast done (for kidneys-I have kidney stones) and I ended up having my gallbladder taken out a couple of weeks ago due to large gallstones. Well, I have a... show more I have not been well since January. I had an Ultrasound then and it read that I had a fatty liver. To make a long story short, I had a CT with and without contrast done (for kidneys-I have kidney stones) and I ended up having my gallbladder taken out a couple of weeks ago due to large gallstones. Well, I have a copy of my report from the CT scan and it was compared to a previous CT and it read that I have diffuss fatty liver change. What does this mean ? Should I be concerned ? Is this the beginning of Cirrhosis ? Is this something that can end up killing me ? What should I expect next as far as testing is concerned ? I do not drink alcohol nor am I obese. I am going back in four weeks to see my Primary care physician and just wanted some input about this prior to that appointment. Thank you.
5 answers 5