Localhost for ASP code?

I have some HTML and ASP code, which is accessing a MS Access database. I am not sure how I should run this code, that is, what will be the url.

I tried http://localhost/filename.html but it didn't work. Please help.

Favorite Answer

You need to make sure that IIS is installed on your computer. You can add it in the Add/Remove Programs section of the Control Panel. Choose Add/Remove Windows Components to find it. After you install IIS, you really should run Windows Update to check for any vulnerabilities that may have been patched.

If you are feeling up to it, change over to ASPX with either C# or VB.Net. Visual Web Developer is fast and easy to use and has it's own, built-in development server that is secure and won't hog up resources when it isn't needed. It also comes with SQL 2005 Desktop Edition, which will give you a better database to work with than Access. Access tends to have problems when being access via the localhost, and isn't really designed for websites to access it.

You need to set up IIS on your computer. You'll be able to configure the website in that.