How do I enter the renewable energy industry?

I just left my job as an online advertising manager for a successful online retailer. My personal interests and sense of responsibility to help save our planet have prompted me to seek an opportunity in the renewable energy industry.

Does anyone have any advice on how I can break into this hot new field? My background is journalism and a specialization in online channel partners, especially eBay, Amazon, and Shop.com.

Thanks!

Erik

• jay k
    Favorite Answer

greenjobs.com is a good place to start.

In addition with lots of head-way to be made companies like the one I work for PGE now have a Renewable Resource department, which is huge encompassing things such as research into tidal energy production, hydroelectric, wind, etc.