Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Home & GardenDecorating & Remodeling · 1 decade ago

How can I add privacy to my porch railing?

I'm on the 2nd floor of an apt complex and I want to put some sort of screening on my porch railing (roughly 3ft high x 6ft long). Any suggestions on what to use and where to find it? I was thinking a bamboo screen of some sort...but have no clue where to find something like that. Inexpensive would be a plus!!

Favorite Answer

They sell the roll up bamboo shades. You can find them at Walmart or any of the big box stores. They come with all the hardware you need to hang them up. Cost around 20$ a piece.

You could go to Joann's, Michael's, Walmart, Target, 99cent, Dollar Tree and look for some sort of bamboo/ woven straw placemat and just buy enough of them to sew together and wire it to the railing with some paperclips. Usually those placemats cost $1.00 or less, and they're pretty large. It's really easy to do, just a little time consuming. I once made a curtain/room seperator that way. You could also buy a couple of $1.00 silk flower garlands to pretty it up. They last forever in the open air.

You could use lattice, one sheet would just about do your space, and it's pretty cheap. The wood stuff is cheaper than the plastic, but you could paint the wood to match. To make it a little bit prettier, you could grow some sort of vine that could wind through the lattice, it would be very private and look like your own little private garden!!!

relatively cheap !! plywood or any wood sheet to size and 3 x 6 fts a good size and runn couple of bolts thro to secure jobs a goodun inc paint about a tenner

just put out some pots with stakes and grow some vines.