Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 decade ago

If I call Fox news and tell them there is a definite Al-Queda Venezuela connection would they print the story?

Would they quote each other about how great the intelligence is and get Cheney to say that Saddam had stored the WMD in Venezuela.

This is one of the fine examples of Fox news hunting for the truth in a lost world.

http://www.sunjournal.com/story/209231-3/LewistonA...

Favorite Answer

I think they will as long as you back it up with some crayon drawings and grainy satellite photos.

No question the quality of reporting is degrading. CBS and Dan Rather did a real doozy of a blatant lie in the 2004 presidential election. Actually, I don't like TV news that much - Fox less than CNN without my politics influencing my choice. I have to read the WSJ, The Economist and the Daily Breeze (local paper) to get better quality reporting.

If USA ever suggested that Venezuela with it's rocky jungles and illiterate jungle dwelling population.. is involved in Al-Quaeda terrorism linked with middle eastern desert dwellers.. is not only RIDICULOUS but it's a JOKE.. this is a joke question right??

Fox could run it though.. because they run a lot of joke stories.. as long as it is sensational and suits their agenda.. which happens to be to hate on the Vez at present.. all because they want their own oil and independance back.. boo hoo for America..

I heard that Mexico has ties with Hitler.. and that Al -Quada is hiding missiles in the Artic.. quick you better go start a war there and take all the oil..

Are you asking or telling us what you already want to believe. I don't think any of us can answer for FOX's news gathering techniques unless we worked for them in that department. Many organizations print false new stories, but I don't think I would want to overly generalize one over the other nor be as specific as you are in your inquiry. My question (if you are logical) would be to ask you the same question? Do you think FOX would print such an absurd story? I don't think anyone would.

Sure, if you can provide them with credible evidence to back up your story. Fox requires their staff to check out sources and leads. unlike CBS who let Dan Rather run with his half-baked lies about President Bush.

as long as it supports their agenda, which your comments would... sure...

first the Obama thing, now this... it's a joke...

Rather's mistake was actually checked into, but it was a very high quality forgery, just not something posted on the internet ... they CLEARLY didn't even take 5 seconds to check into any of this...

Ask Dan Rather

Isn't he the expert on authenticating things?

Only if you had cartoon drawings and a proper powerpoint presentation from "reliable intelligence"

• FOA

Oh theres a surprise!

Maybe, Did they recently hire Dan Rather?