Kind of new to Madison WI, anyone know of any fun things to do?

I'm kind of new to Wisconsin and don't know of any places to go for fun with the family. I have a 5 mo. old son.

Favorite Answer

I've never lived in Madison, but I just got back from a vacation there and had a great time! The Dane County's Farmer's Market on the square Saturday mornings is huge, fun to walk around, great food and prices... State Street is a great walk, lots of restaurants and shops and a cool atmosphere. You can always walk down by Monona Lake, there are lots of well-maintained paths with gorgeous views through nice neighborhoods and parks. The whole city is very bike-friendly, too. The walk around Olbrich gardens is beautiful, and it's free to get in. Try Michael's for frozen custard! (I went to the one on Atgood, right by Olbrich gardens.) I heard there's a great zoo, too. Check out www.visitmadison.com. Hope this helps and that you can enjoy Madison as much as I did!

• Dusie

Oh Oh I know. On the weekend of May 17th. Stoughton, a small Norweigan community has a huge celebration. Its called Syttende Mai. Craft show, parades, food, fun run from Madison, street dance and a canoe race (hilarious) on Friday night etc. Its only about a 20 minute drive.

try citysearch.com

hotels, shopping, night life, local events, attractions, resturants and so on.