Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureOther - Society & Culture · 1 decade ago

Why do people still fly the confederate flag??

I'm from california so I don't understand why people still fly the rebel flag...they say its because of history or herritage...I don't think that's a good answer, in that case I should be able to fly the mexican flag in front of my house..if its because of history maybe we should also fly the british flag.You lost!!! Get over it.

Favorite Answer

I dont have a huge problem with flying the Confederate flag. I think it's wrong and should be not allowed at all, but people still do it anyway, so southerners can just do it if they want, it's really not that important. The problem I have with the confederate flag, is like Steve Spurrier pointed out, it's flying in the South Carolina Court House. That is completely unnecessary, to fly the flag of a country besides the United States at a government building. If those Southies want to wave the Stars and Bars when they are going to a NASCAR Race and grooving to some Lynyrd Skynyard, I dont give a damn. But if they want to have it at a place where decisions affect the United States of America, thats where I have a problem.

the confederate flag is still flown because it represents the south and many people are pround to be southerners, It has nothing to do with rubbing it in that they lost or with racism or being agaist americs. it is simply state pride.

and you can fly the mexican flag if you want to no ones stopping you but it would be respectful to also fly an american flag with that.

I fly my Confederate flag because I can. If you have a problem with it... you get over it.

Source(s): MY RIGHTS...living in AMERICA.

They have shallow empty lives. They believe in nothing and know very little about anything. This is all they have. Sad isn't it.

It's our way of saying 'hey, beaner/******, you aren't welcome round these parts.'