Accounting Major?

Is anyone majoring in Accounting. If so, what type of classes are you taking?

Favorite Answer

Lots of accounting and business classes. Statistics, advanced stats, business calculus, etc.

I took some business operations classes and forecasting to fulfill other business requirements. A bulk of it will be accounting though. What pisses me off is that they use the old T accounting structure. Although it is good to know this, its not the real world. I think that all went out in the 80's when Oracle, SAP, Peoplesoft, etc started popping up. More schools need to teach the concept behind these too.

Source(s): Accounting Major - recieved my Bachelors degree.

Depends upon the school, but most accounting programs will usually have between 15 and 24 credit hours of accounting courses beyond the principles of accounting courses. Some courses you could take would be

Intermediate Accounting I

Intermediate Accounting II

Taxation

Cost Analysis and Control

Auditing

Governmental and not-for-profit accounting

maybe a couple of others.

You will also probably have to take six credit hours of business law.

i'm a business major, taking acct 1 now, fina3000, mgmt3000, msit3000 in fall

same requirements at uga