Is your best friend your brother or sister?

mine is. my sister is 9 years older than me and were best friends. i can tell her anything and she wont judge me. i know exactly what will make her laugh and i love it. sometimes we say the same thing at the same time. were like peas n carrots!

Favorite Answer

neither... one sister, one brother.. i got a best friend who i grew up with for 32 yrs, shes closer than my own sister..shes alot more of a sister to me.. wouldnt have gone thru life without her!

No, my sister is not my best friend. I don't want to understate the importance of having a good relationship with siblings, but it really isn't a healthy behavior.

There are many opinions on this subject, but usually a lack of family boundaries lead people to treat family members as best friends. You need to expand your social circle to include a few close friends who don't necessarily need to be confidants, but that you can dialog with about important matters. If you remain in your family comfort zone, bad boundaries are bound to impair some of your judgments.

While your sibling is always there for you, do they help you to become all you can be or remain the same?