smf asked in PetsOther - Pets · 1 decade ago

does anyone know why my once calm rabbit is now a raving, biting maniac whenever i try to hold her?

i got my pet rabbit in Dec. and she was very cuddly and loved to be held, but all of the sudden she started biting me and grunting at me, does anyone have any ideas on what i should do?

Favorite Answer

There are many wonderful recipes for rabbit stew online.

Are you SURE your rabbit is a girl? That grunting sound, my bunny does it too, and he does it because he is attracted to you. My rabbit loves to be cuddled now, even with the grunting. He doesn't bite, he nips. They might hurt and even surprise you, but they are really cute. If your rabbit is a girl, then I think you should go on Google and look rabbit care up. They have good methods on some sites for stopping your rabbit. Also, a good magazine to get is 'Rabbits USA'. They have lots of info on bunnies and care. If your rabbit bites when you try to reach her, close her mouth, even it she squirms, and in a firm and strong voice, say NO! She'll get the hang of it. Hope this helped!

• Jenna

When a rabbit reaches "adulthood" it's temperment will change. I use to breed rabbits for a pet store and both sexes became very agressive once they reached adulthood.

You may not know this, but you can get a rabbit fixed, and if you ever want your rabbit to be affectionate again you will have to do this.

My pet rabbit (which has recently gone missing) has bitten a couple of times and I heard her make a noise once too. Someone told me that they like salt and can sense it on our skin so they bite to get salt. Buy a salt wheel which you can buy at any pet store. My rabbit didn't bite since I started buying them.

When rabbits reach their "adulthood", they get a little cranky sometimes. All you have to do is just treat it the way it was treated. My bunny, Erica, does that all the time but it always end well with a good cuddle. Just continue loving your bunny.

• PRS

she has hit Puberty. Nothing you can do except maybe find her a boyfriend. We had a rabbit and the same thing happened. We found her a new home - couldn't deal with it.

First if she is not fixed then do it,,rabbits like toys and lots of them they get board easy so lots of time&toys

Have you ever seen Monty Python?

tell him Easters on it's way