Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsOther - Family & Relationships · 1 decade ago

How do tell my Dad that I'm moving 6 states away in a week with new boyfriend? He's a very complex man. HELP!

Met wonderful man on line and he's paying for the move, the only familiy member who still talks to me is my Dad when he has time. Mind you I am 32 and have my own children, pay my own bills. But I'm still Daddy's girl, and right now I'm homeless and no place to go here, my online boyfriend who is my soul mate has offered to take care of me and my kids and provide us with a better life. I want to go, so does my kids...just how do I till my Dad?

Just to clearify something, I don't do drugs, never had never will. I am homeless because I was placed in a safe place that is not my own because of the abuse I and my children reseaved from the family members that I don't speak to. I am not safe in the state I'm in, that's why the relocation desidion, it's just breaking it to my Dad who tried to help, but didn't. I love my Daddy very much even though he is hardly there. If that helps explain better to you about what's going on without going into too much, ???? Please be honest but not credical, I am tring to give my children a better life. And they do come first always. Thanks

Oh yes I forgot one more thing...I don't just jump from one man to the next. I have long term relationships (with one man) only. And I have a savings account, did my research as well. NO CHRIMIAL BACKGOUND but a few traffic tickets like everyone else. And I have NO mental health issues.

Favorite Answer

It's your life and regardless he's your father. you just have to reassure him that he isn't going to lose you to another man especially because you are his little girl still even if you are 32.

but why wait a week before you decide to tell him. that was a bad move.

good luck with everything.

and umm..i hope you've actually met this guy before deciding to move you and your kids in with him. people are crazy nowadays!!

• don n

Sounds to me like you are a confused spaced out person who flits from one thing to the next. Your family, except for your dad, has ceased talking to you for a reason. You say you are 32, have children and pay your own bills. Then you say you are homeless. DUH? People who pay their bills aren't homeless.

What kind of an environment are you taking these children into? Did you stop long enough to think about that? You don't even know this man or anything about him and yet you are willing to pack up and move yourself and two children six state away? You are what I would call certifiably insane! The children don't deserve to be taken along on one of your wild escapades. Who is going to pay your way and the children's way back when the guy dumps you?

It sounds to me like you need to ask your dad or have him ask some of the family to look after your children while you go to a drug rehab center.

You called this guy you met online, your "new boyfriend" so that sounds like you guys havent known each other for so long. Are you 100% sure that he's for real?? Its so easy to pretend to be something you're not online. I would say proceed with extreme caution, you don't wana do anything to put your kids in danger. Before you even consider moving you have to meet this guy first and be sure that everything is as it seems. As for telling your dad, well, it sounds like you need to try and rebuild your relationship with other members of your family too. Honestly, i think you would be crazy to move 6 states away to be with a man that you've never met, you gotta put your kids first, Good Luck!!!!

Ethical questions aside, I don't see an easy way to do it. I mean, you'll have to tell him, obviously, but, besides your moving away, the older generation is a bit more leery of meeting people online. I mean, moving in with someone you've never met sounds a little scary to anyone, but when you are worried about your daughter and grandchildren, it adds an edge of panic to that worry.

As soon as people start throwing around the phrase soul mate and online I start thinking they are delusional. Have you met this person? Do you really have a clue who this person is? This really sounds like a bad move with worse things coming. IF you want to talk to your dad about it, then good, ask his advise.

" Dad, I'm moving 6 States away in a week with new boyfriend "

How well do you know this guy? I wouldn't have my children around someone i met on the internet, unless i done a background check on them.

I would suggest to tell him in English unless he speaks another language.

if you have not been to meet this guy..you would be crazy to move.