Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsDogs · 1 decade ago

Dachshund owners: What is the funniest thing you've seen your dachshund do?

Favorite Answer

The one next door to me comes through my fence and barks at my back door to aggravate my dogs.

My dachshund Samson loves fruit; when we lived in a house with a pear tree in the back yard he would clean off every pear within reach, then begin barking when he could not reach any more. One day he's out under the tree, barking, and I came to the back door just in time to see a pear fall off and bonk him on the head! Didn't discourage him any; in fact I believe it caused him to bark at the tree even more after that. (gimmee that fruit!)

Another of my dachshunds, Quincey, is also a fruit lover. I poured myself a 12 oz glass of orange juice and left it on the coffee table, had to go answer the phone. I returned to find maybe 1/2" of juice in the bottom of the glass and Quincey in a quandry - playing bridge, so to speak; he had his front feet on the coffee table and hind feet on the couch and didn't seem to be able to move anything but his tail (wagging like crazy) and his head (ducked in shame 'cause he'd been caught in the act...)

When Quincey has a toy or treat that Samson wants, Sam will run to the front door barking ("company! somebody's here!"); once Quincey joins him in the barkathon, Sam immediately doubles back and snags the toy/treat. Quincey never learns...

Our third dachshund, Beethoven, watched a deer run across the yard (and behind a large Magnolia tree - the deer kept going) one morning. He dragged my daughter to the tree, put his front paws on it, and searched overhead for the deer. He seemed convinced it had climbed the tree, probably due to past experience with squirrels.

When my Dachshund, Tealow heard the word "cow" he used to race to the door as fast as his little legs would carry him and bark to be let out. Then he'd race to the car and bark at the door cuz he wanted to go for a ride in the country to look at cows. For some reason, he just loved to sit on my lap and look out the window at cows in the field. If he saw a horse, sheep or pig, nothing happened, but when he saw a cow, he'd get soooooo excited and start wagging his tale and wiggling all over.

once my folks dachshund was outside with my dad while he was fixing a fence and she was chewing on a squeaky dog carrot and all of a sudden she starts barking and my dad looks around and one of my parents horses has stolen the dogs carrot and was squeaking it in it mouth and my parents dog was going ballistic chasing this horse so my dad goes out there to get the toy before the horse chokes on it and that's when i walk out to see my dad chasing a horse squeaking a fake carrot with a little dachshund at its heels all over this field.( i almost died laughing) well the horse Finlay drops the toy and my folks dog runs up to grab it but the horse bends down to protect the toy and there was a horse dachshund nose to nose stand off over this thing my dad Finlay grabs the toy but not before there dog bites this horse right in the nose. likely no one got hurt but i wish i would of had a video camera it was so funny.

I have never had a dachsund but my grandmother had one many years ago. Her name was Bridge It and she would climb from the arm of one chair to the other or from the arm of the chair onto the table between the chairs, and she always had to have the last bite of whatever food that my grandmother was eating. She also loved to drink tea too. Bridge It was a very funny little weiner dog. She has went to doggy heaven now, and I miss her very much, but I have good memories of her.

He's gone over the rainbow bridge now, but I had a dachshund that climbed trees...got the pictures to prove it, too!

A burglar enters a house and is greeted via "Jesus is staring at!" He shines his flashlight around and nicely-knownshows no one. he's taking yet another step to pay attention "Jesus is staring at you." This time he shines the gentle to discover a parrot. He asks, "replaced into which you talking ?" The parrot solutions "sure." The burglar asks, "what's your call?" The parrot replies, "Clarence." The burglar asks, "What fool named you Clarence?" The parrot replies, "the comparable fool that named the Doberman Jesus." ~~~~~~~~~~~ a guy replaced into out looking, and chanced on a submit to. He shot on the submit to, yet purely nicked him. The submit to went after the hunter, and chased him far for the time of the woods. finally the guy got here to the edged of a cliff, and had no the place else to run. As he watched the submit to physique of techniques, he began to desire. "costly God provide this submit to a splash of religion." without notice the submit to got here to an abrupt end, and regarded up in direction of Heaven and suggested "thank you Lord for this food which i'm approximately to consume."

My Toby is a tweenie, weighing in at 13 lbs. He's still low to the ground, though. He goes bananas over soccer balls and basketballs! They are bigger than he is, but he barks at them and "herds" them in the direction he wants them to go! If we kick the ball across the yard, he chases it down and "herds" it with his shoulders to get it back to us! He's really hilarious!

Nikki crawls into bed with me every morning. I turn over and there's a little head on the pillow, with the covers up to her neck!

I don't have one anymore but my mother in law does. The dog plays soccer with golf balls and goes overboard. He will bring you 3 golf balls at one time. He puts one in his mouth, pushes one with his nose, and paddles one between his front paws. It is so funny.