Whats wrong with my wrist?

I was barrel racing with my horse and long story short she ended up falling on me. I bent my wrist backwards, and didn't really feel anything when it happened. About two hours later, it started hurting so bad I can't even move it. It's not swollen at all, no bruising, nothing, but I can't move my wrist at all. Shooting pains and its just throbbing non stop. What could be wrong? I have rhuematoid arthritis as is, but it doesnt really effect my daily life or anything. So if there's no swelling/bruising/etc... What could it be?

Favorite Answer

Sounds like a possible injury to your TFCC (ligaments) in your wrist which doesn't heal very well if your wrist is not splinted and immobilized to allow it to heal. I would strongly recommend you go see an orthopedic doctor (hand specialist if possible) to have x-rays done to make sure there is no fracture (probably not) but more importantly to obtain a brace for your wrist. The ortho can also properly diagnose the problem better than any other healthcare provider.

Source(s): sports medicine physical therapist

You could have damaged a ligament, bruised a muscle, or torn something, I would suggest going and having it x-rayed just to be sure.

• wahoo

It sounds like something could be broke...see the doctor...it will be worth it to f ind out what is wrong.

sounds like you may have done some nerve damage. i'd go get it checked out. you may need one of those braces used for carpal tunnel syndrome until it heals.

you broke it call the doc or go to the er if it happend today

call 911 and go to the er

Source(s): ER
  • Rae

if it hurts that bad maybe you should go to the doctor or hospital

mabe a slight sprain, nothing major if it is not swelled.

if it were broken it would be VERY swollen- you probably sprained it- put some ise on it