Iraq money?

Has anyone ever invested in Iraq Dinar money? Is this a good investment to make? And where would I get the money at?

• BosCFA
    Favorite Answer

A good investment? Are you serious? I don't think you could find a more speculative place to put your money if you tried. If you want to gamble, fine, but don't call it an 'investment'. And don't be surprised when continued instability following the eventual withdrawal of US forces (which will happen eventually, it's just the timing that's being debated) creates hyperinflation in Iraq. See Hungary in 1945-1946 for a good example. Here's a link

I don't think it'll happen anytime soon. The only way it could happen within the next 15 years or so, IMO, is for Iraq to tie its currency to the US dollar on a 1:1 ratio. It could do that, but it would really cripple its economy by creating a dearth of wealth. Although Japan's economy is struggling right now, its economy has historically been very, very strong. Thousands of yen equal one American dollar. As long as the country's department of treasury is prepared for this, a weak dollar isn't inherently a bad thing...

I hear this question here quite often...Where does the idea come from???

I can't understand anyone buying a bunch of currency from a 3rd world country.

I guess someone has a bunch of currency, or counterfeit currency to unload, that they can't convert to hard currencies by normal channels, so they are hyping it on the internet.

Or is it just a scam, where you send in money and the Iraqi money is "held for you" ???

Don't man... the iraqi situation moves between bad, worse, unstable and unpredicible... Invest in Euro that's the real deal.

i have a bunch of it. i really don't know how much it is worth, but i am definately going to hold on to it.

Source(s): Army wife