is this normal?? what should i do??

i cant speak my heart out with my parents. most of the times i am shouting at them angrily. even then they are patient enough not to reply to me harshly. i dont know why do i do it??I just cant be friendly or at least be nice to them. this is really disturbing to me and i feel sort of 'guilty' abt it. i know that it's not the real 'me' who is talking to them but something in me is making me arrogant and agressive.. i wasnt like this before..

Plz help..

but when i dont talk to them, they say that i am mum. and i dont want to discuss my probs with them and it's difficult for me to do so..

Favorite Answer

My daughter went through the same thing with us. We told her if she cant talk to us verbally than write it down and give us notes. We communicated that way with her for almost 3 years till she got comfortable talking to us.

It sounds to me like you want or do alot of things your paretns arent happy about, hense the ANGER you feel. Understand that just because you dont see the harm in something doesnt mean it isnt there. Life is about paths, and just one seemingly harmless decision could start you on a path that brings nothing but trouble.

An example 4 teenagers from the city I live in were killed in an accident from drinking and driving. Why? Because they didnt see the harm in going to a party!! Parents worry for a reason, would you agree that life is about experience? Who has more?

You need to do some soul searching and figure out what has happened or changed in your life. Stress can cause us to react in ways that we normally never would. Try to focus on the cause of your anxiety......that will be the first step in recovery. And amazingly, your parents sound very loving and may be able to help you through this....just talk to them....take it slow....and be concious not to yell or get defensive. If you don't know what's going on, then tell them, I'm sorry I've not been myself....ask them to help you work on this problem and help you figure out what's going on!

It may be a good idea to talk to a counselor....it's not a bad thing....they can be such a great help...after all, that's what they're trained to do.

And there's your silly excuse for being such a little witch with a capitol "B". This is "not the real me" so I don't need to take ANY responcibility for ANYTHING I scream at them or the nasty rude way I act! it's a demon in me, not really me. Next time you are standing there screaming and throwing your rude little fit, just remeber that it IS YOU and only YOU can change it!! And those people that you are screaming away at must really love you to put up with it. But, you've got your excuse, it's not the real you. There's you help, now help your own self for once.

Well I can relate to you because my 11 year old does the exact same thing. I am not sure of your situation but it sounds to me like you focus your life on the negative and have put up barriers with your parents. I am not sure if they have ever hurt you or if something in your life has caused you to put up walls but you are going to have to force yourself to let the walls down. If you are religious I think you need to really pray about this and give it to God. Maybe go and speak to your minister about it also. Good luck. Just remember that you can not give up because your parents love and respect you and deserve the best from you! Just try to think about what you are going to say before you speak back to them. If you need anything else please feel free to email me at queen1576@yahoo.com!

you should control yourself and speak calmly or not at all. Your parents deserve your respect. You are going through a common growing up phase, but you must learn to control your emotions.

some day you will grow up and leave that all behind you and you will realize your parents were just trying to guide you and ease your pain from all the mistakes you are going to commit in this life,,

remember your parents were young once and figure it is easier for you to learn from their mistakes, sometimes we forget you want to screw up all by yourself,

• Lord L

How can "we" help you to act differently? Talk to your parents and explain to them as you did here to us. You will find that they can help you the most.

Something's happened in your life to trigger these responses. You need to find out what it was, therein will lie you answer to figure it out.

It's probably your age. Ask God to give you more love and patience - esp. with your parents.