Rest. in Cocoa Bch Fl Robertos Italian Market closed & now I need a good eggplant recipe any suggestions?
Help the only other eggplant that was as good is from a coworker who doesnt speak english very well. Also egglplant parmesan puffs.
- wineduchessLv 61 decade agoFavorite Answer
Ok, try these two and then check out the site below - awesome recipes that will keep you busy for years to come :) enjoy!
Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
3 medium eggplants
1 1/2 cups homemade tomato sauce I
1 lb mozzarella cheese -- sliced
1/4 cup parmesan cheese -- grated
salt and pepper -- to taste
1 liter oil and olive oil
1. Slice eggplants lengthwise. Place in colander in layers with slat
between ea layer. Let stand 1 hour to remove bitterness.
2. Wash eggplant well to get the salt out and dry in paper towels very well.
3. Heat plenty of the oil mixture and cook eggplants in batches. Dry in
4. Place 1 layer of eggplant in a baking dish.
5. Top it with tomato sauce and sprinkle parmesan. Place 1 layer mozzarella
and then start with the eggplant again.
6. Keep alternating layers in the same manner.
7. Top layer should be eggplant. Sprinkle rest of parmesan.
8. Bake in pre heated 350 oven for 20 minutes. At this point check to see
if there's too much oil and drain it.
9. Bake another 15 minutes.
10 Serve hot
Japanese Eggplant with Sesame-Ginger Glaze
1 tb Rice-wine or cider vinegar
1 tb Soy sauce
1 tb Hoisin sauce (optional)
3 tb Toasted sesame oil
1 tb Sugar
2 tb Minced fresh ginger
3 Garlic cloves; minced
8 sm Japanese eggplant (4 oz ea.)
-- halved lengthwise
2 tb Oil
Freshly ground black pepper
2 Scallions; minced
Whisk together vinegar, soy sauce, hoisin sauce (if using), sesame
oil, sugar, ginger and garlic in a small bowl. Brush oil over all
surfaces of eggplant and sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
Prepare barbecue grill (medium heat). Place eggplant, cut side down,
on grill and let cook 5 minutes. Turn eggplant and brush with glaze;
continue cooking until eggplant is very soft. Transfer eggplant to
serving platter and drizzle with more glaze. Sprinkle with minced
scallions and serve.
- llittle mamaLv 61 decade ago
I fell in love with Olive Garden*s eggplant Parmesan.
I keep trying to get their recipe off of TopSecretRecipes.com
but so far no luck.
- crystal leeLv 51 decade ago
Go to foodtv.com and look up eggplant rollatini. Its an awesome dish.
- 1 decade ago
i like eggplant parm....