How old does a kid have to be before you can determine what color their eyes are going to be?

my daughter is 4 months and her eyes are still Blue. my wifes eyes are blue and mine are hazel green

Favorite Answer

As with most baby's it can vary, but according to "What to expect in the first year"

The eye colour can go through a number of changes before becoming set between 3 and 6 months, or even later. The book goes on to say that pigmentation of the iris may continue to increase during the entire first year, and the depth of the colour may not be clear until around the first year.

So in other words your baby's eye might turn green at around 6 months, but what shade of green they actually end up being may not be set until much later.

Hope that helps.

Most of the time they say between 6 months to a year, but not always. My eyes are a greenish color, and they didn't change until I was atleast 7. My son had blue eyes until he was 5 and they started getting flakes of the same color that my eyes are and he's almost 10 and they are still slowly changing to the color that I have. For us it's a very long process. I remember having blue eyes and now they are far from that color.

Although eye color can change for up to 18 months, it usually takes place in the first 6 months.

Source(s): Mom to five... 1 brown eyed, 2 green eyed, 2 bright blue eyed kids!

Babies eyes can change any time within their first 15 months. Most likely if your child's eyes are blue at a year old then they will stay. But they can change any time.

Source(s): mother of two blue eyed babies

i think it's either 6 months old or 1 year...me and my husband both have hazel eyes but our 7 month old daughter still has blue eyes and we think they are gonna stay that way

Around 6 months but can take up to a year

They will probably stay that way or at least some variation of the color (they may lighten or darken some) but chances are good they will remain the same color,

• claire

If they havent changed by now they probably will not. Babies eyes will normally change colour within the first 6weeks if they are going to.

probably by the time they are a year and a half. my cousins eyes didnt change color til after she turned one