I wrote a poem any body now how I get it published?

Favorite Answer

First copyright it by registering it with the U.S. Copyright Office in the Library of Congress. Address: Library of Congress, Copyright Office, 101 Independence Ave. S.E., Washington, D.C. 20599-6000.

They probably have a website where you can download the official form Called the Short Form TX 30. Once you have registered the poem you can submit it to magazines and publishers for consideration.

First things first. Don't go to poetry.com--it's a scam and everyone knows it. Don't bother spending your money copyrighting your poem, it's a waste and tells everyone you send it to that you don't know what you are doing. Try writing more poems. If you have only written one and that's all you have, you probably aren't ready yet. If you do, by chance, have more than one poem that you would consider sending, buy a copy of POET'S MARKET or go to the library and use theirs. Spend a lot of time in the front section learning to write a cover letter and the such. Next read some poetry magazines to find out if you should even bother sending your poem to them. Why waste everyone's time,. read first to make sure your poem is right for them then send.

PS

Although Nathan points to Poetry Motel, do NOT send to them. They are notorious for taking forever to publish your poem and will try to milk a subscription out of you for years thinking you will finally see it.

Before you get it published, I would make sure that the spelling is perfect...

Then you can check publishing house, but they won't consider publishing just one poem. You need a fair body of work of exceptional quality for them to consider it.

Send it to a journal or a literary magazine. You can find addresses, author guidelines, and everything else in a book called the Poet's Market.

I would definitely read the journal you are sending it to beforehand so you can see if your poem fits in with the magazine.

If you are new to publication, I'd start with a smaller journal like Poetry Motel or the Black River Review.

Judging by the spelling and grammar in the question you have posed I would suggest you get it published by some work of miracle.

I know that they have some sites on the internet that specialize in that kind of stuff. i found a few links but due to the terms and conditions on this site I am not allowed to post them. Go to ask Jeeves.com or google and type that in. you will find results.

• rock

web search it......but most is scams.......

I have books of songs i wrote..........

always remember........ the one your music/poem sounds really good to, might only be you.......

millions of them wrote a day.....only a few published.......but good luck.........

Go to associatedcontent.com

constant-content.com

or

writersdigest.com

I don't know how well it works, but someone I know uses poetry.com.