Isn't it ironic that Joshua hung six Semite kings to a tree and that Jesus(a.k.a. Joshua,Yeshua) was a king?

Isn't it ironic that the bodies of the Semite kings were taken down from the tree at sundown and buried in a cave covered with a stone? Why were non-Hebrew Semite kings given the same burial by Joshua as Jesus (a.k.a. Joshua, Yeshua) the King of the Jews? Is it because Jesus and David, Kings of the Jews both had Semite non-Hebrew blood through Ruth?

• TWWK
    Favorite Answer

I have never thought of it that way - excellent insight. When I recently read that passage, I thought of how Jesus died a cursed way, as those men did. But I didn't make the connection of the kings dying that way.

Perhaps another foreshadowing of Jesus? Since the Bible is God's redemption story...I have to think that it is.

God's Word is full of mysteries, symbols, types and foreshadows like the example above. There is always a reason for these happenings.

Six is the number of man, being created on the sixth day. There were six kings.

This is a symbol that Jesus paid the price for all mankind making a way for believers to become Kings and Priests. He died as a sinner would have being judged thusly.

Ask God to unlock the mystery for you some more. You have a keen discerning eye. God likes that.

Source(s): Jesus answered and said, I thank thee, O Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because thou hast hid these things from the wise and prudent, and hast revealed them unto babes. Matt11:26

I don't fault your reasoning, but I don't think that had anything to do with it. Burials of that type had been common in that region of the world for thousands of years. I think Joshua was showing them a degree of respect by burying them properly, but I don't think any further comparison to Jesus' burial is necessary.

Also, the Hebrews were Semites, so many aspects of their culture were shared.

Isn't it ironic that Ba'el was the son of El (creator God in the First Creation story Genesis 1:1) and he died and rose again?

I thought that was interesting.

Also, Tammuz was born in Bethlehem and worshiped because he died and rose again. He was also born on the Winter Solstice, and his nativity cave is.....well guess where? Go to Bethlehem and see it remade as the Church of the Nativity.

Funny stuff, but all true.

• Steven

That was just a common practice. That the enemy which Jesus was considered an enemy. Be hung on a tree, until they died and then was buried.

Abraham's beloved wife Sarah was put in a cave when she died. Remember Lazarus when resurrected came out of a cave.

You do know that even if Jesus existed, he wasn't a King right? The term King is only a title. If Jesus existed, he was a regular normal man just like everyone else.

you analogy and interpretation is off....

Joshua did not even know who Jesus was...who cam e several thousand years later.

semite just means descendents of Shem...this included many tribes who sometimes had wars with each other.....hanging and burying was typical of the times.