Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureOther - Society & Culture · 1 decade ago

Why do people drive with their headlights on during the day?

Are they always in the dark?!?!?!?

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

YES HA HA HA !!!

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Most headlights have to stay on, in newer vehicles, many areas also make it so you need to have the headlights on during the day, and what's the harm in having them on anyways?

• 1 decade ago

My headlights come on automatically. Ever noticed the idiot driving at night without headlights? Well, an automatic setting prevents that.

• 1 decade ago

lol i asked this question as well. turns out those are day lights or something that charges the battery in the car. as far as people who manually put them on, i have no clue. i star cause i still dont understand why

so why do people put headlights on in broad daylight, where the sun is shining and there is not a cloud in the sky?

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

The cars are made that way,when you start them up the headlights go on.They are called daytime running lights

• 1 decade ago

It's a safety issue and a requirement on some long stretches or road especially where there's a good possibility of a dust storm.

Think about it; do you notice those with daytime lights on a bit earlier than those with no lights?

• 1 decade ago

Some cars have the lights on while the car is on.

Some people like myself who when traveling use lights to make sure others see me and I don't get into a wreck.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Some states in the US have a law that the lights must be on at all times. Also, later model cars have lights that come on automatically. My husband's car does this.

• ACME
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

In certain roads its safer to drive with car lights on, especially when driving on state hwys, where you drive through agriculutre areas and you have to drive slower due to tractors or big rigs hauling vegtables, and fruit. Cars behind you or incoming traffice gets anxious and they wnat to start passing cars and if you have your car lights on, you are more visable.

Common sense tells you its for safety purposes. You know that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• i could be worse they could be drivin at night with no lights

• 1 decade ago

may be they cannot see?

ur if they can they are in a hurry.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.