What do you think of the name "Action" for a boy's middle name?

My husband really likes it - what do you guys think?

Favorite Answer

I can see how a guy would like it, but no way.

Middle names are great places to put things the kid can hide when they grow up.

I always have a rule, if you would be embarrassed as the President of anything important or when you are in the nursing home... Having to explain those names ... then its a bad idea.

Try looking on the baby naming sites for names that MEAN "action" rather than the word itself.

Source(s): www.babynames.com

OK please dont put your son through that. Honestly. I know it may seem cool but you never know how your son is going to be. He may be a quiet little book worm and not a jock or stunt man. Sounds harsh but its important to name your child a name that

1) Wont be the source of ridicule

2) Means something (people take pride of the names meanings)

3) Is a name they can grow into

IF he grows up to be president he wont get many votes with the middle name action. Well maybe from the 18 yr olds.

Action can be a nickname... Like my daughter is BooBoo ;)

Just an opinion. If I ever see a kid with the middle name action I will be sure to tell him to tell his mom hi ;)

Please don't do that. It's like someone said: He might be a bookworm and not have anything to do with sports.

It should be a nickname..like...John "Action" Doe when he goes running out on the field IF he happens to play sports.

You really shouldn't put him through that kind of ridicule.

Think of something with meaning, not something that will let girls thing they can get "action".

hmmm... Not so crazy about it but its just the middle name. By the time he is 4 most people wont even know his middle name.

Its kinda cute the more I think about it.....

I don't really care for it. Then again, my husband wants to name our soon to be born son Kash. Men have weird ideas about names, I guess.

I don't like it at all. He will be made fun of a lot. Please help him come up with a better name. You could choose a name that means action. Go to the wesite below to find one:

Source(s): babynames.com
  • No, I think of a cheesy TV character, some sort of cop show where the guy goes "My middle name is Action". I think it's cheapy sounding and propbably not something you will like long-term. Sorry.

• ASH

I can just see him someday telling someone, well you know, "action" is my middle name! like somebody sayin "fast" is their middle name cuz they did something quickly, ok well that was sorta rambleing, but I don't think I could take him seriously...sounds a little celebrityish if you ask me

What about Action Jackson! Sorry couldn't resist, but if you and your husband like it then why does anyone else opinion matters?

I do not like it. Sounds stupid. What was your husband thinking? Don't let him talk you into that one hon! My hubby is the same way. For example; he likes the name Maynard! Isn't that ugly??? Yuck! Best of luck! :)