My girlfriend and this guy...?

Me and my girlfriend of 19 months went through a rough patch and she got close to this other guy who was there for her at the time. She admitted to me that she was confused about her feelings for him, so we went on a break. She decided she wanted to be with me. We made a pact for her to sort out the situation with him and she did. But now she says they are close friends and she talks to him on the phone every night, and they txt all the time. I'm being as patient as I can be - what should I do?

Favorite Answer

I don't know, it sounds a bit strange to me. I would sit her down and tell her what you just said. You are being as patient as you can right now and you understand they are friends, but is it really appropriate for her to be spending THAT much time with him? (The texting all day and the calls at night) Just be careful and know when you get a bad feeling, there's usually a reason for it.

i don't think that it's really appropriate for her to be friends with him. i mean occasionally talking or a text here and there would be ok....but every day and night?? that is a bit much. what could she possibly have to talk to him about that often. i would ask her how she would feel if the situation was reversed and you were talking to a girl that you had feelings for when you guys were on a "break" i am sure she wouldn't be ok with it. there is nothing wrong with her having a guy friend but she had feelings for this guy and is talking to him way to much.

• dymps

Ask her who she wants to be with. (but not in an ultimatum sort of way)

When she knows from your own verbal communication she can't say she didn't know how it made you feel; on the other hand it will also communicate that this action bothers you and if she cares about your feelings she will take all this into consideration.

Source(s): Just what I think

If she loved you than there would be no other guy! She either wants to be with you or doesnt...theres no in the middle. Unless you do not care if she dates other guys. Its all up to you and what your preferences are! Sounds like she cant choose between the two of you...You could make her choose. But its all on how you do things! Good luck

Move on my friend. If it was meant to be it wouldn't be this complicated. I know that isn't the answer you were looking for. But I know from experience.Its a hard decision to make but it is time. You're holding on to something that will never work out.

Let her know you have been patient long enough and now is the time for her to make a choice.

It's either you or him....there's one person too many in this relationship.

This is murky water my friend. There's no reason for this "guy" to be this close to her. She has other friends for that. Your relationship should mean more to her than his. People will only treat you as badly as you allow them, so be sure to stand your ground. Best wishes to you on this.

If them talkin and stuff in private makes you uncomfortable...then you should have a talk with the guy. and invite him over and make friends with him. If she is cheating at least you will see it in front of your face instead of behind your back.

well, mister... talk with her again... if she's spending time talking and texting with him while she's suppose to be spending the quality time with you..something's wrong.

i would know because if i needed to express my feelings i'd express to the person i love the most (my boyfriend ofc) and your girlfriend doesn't seem to do that? something is wrong

• rock

a little piece of paper with a picture drawn,

floats on down the street,

till the wind is gone....

the memory now,

is like the picture was then,

when the papers crumpled up,

it can't be perfect again.

...............................................

you played the game ..... but you dropped the ball......