I want to get into radio broadcasting, but I've already graduated. How can I get my foot in the door...?

...without starting over? I have a degree in communications, so I have a strong educational background, but I was not able to get relevant work experience while in school. I'm looking for any training programs, internships or apprenticeships that will allow me to get started on my career.

Favorite Answer

what part of radio do you want to get into?

On-air personality?

Program director?

Advertising sales?

Where do you work now? What skills do you bring with you?

You might also want to think about Law School - as a way to make an actual living when the radio thing does not work out - lots of comm majors in Law School (assuming you have the GPA and can pass the LSAT)

I would try unpaid internships and try to network as much as possible

I am guessing you have checked with your school for recorces? Check all the local radio tv stations in your area, they may not offer what you want at first, but they may offer you something and its a foot in the door, best of luck to you......