Bright red spotting? What could it be??

I am 36.3 weeks pregnant. I saw my doctor on Friday morning and was dilated to a 2 and 60% effaced. Then last night (over 48 hours after seeing her) I had a few incidents of bright red spotting only when I wiped. The first time it was just blood, then it was blood mixed with mucuc. I thought.. Ok, maybe this is bloody show (I don't know much since I have always been induced). But now (or the one time I have gone to the bathroom today) there is nothing. Lots of discharge but no blood. Should I be worried? What was the blood??

Oh.. and no sex in the past 3 days. Poor hubby!! lol Thanks

I have had some contractions but nothing too bad.. mostly just period type cramping. Still bloody show? Sorry I sound stupid!

Sorry... forgot to add... I lost my mucus plug last Sunday. Hubby and I both saw it and doctor confirmed on Friday.

Favorite Answer

I'm 36 wks today and I started to lose my mucus plug Friday morning, it was mucus with light pink blood. When I went to the bathroom again it was just bright red spotting, but only when I wiped. I wasn't worried about it until i started having contractions, so I got sent to the hospital and I was having contractions every 4mins for an hour then they slowed down, I was checked and I was defiantly 1cm almost 2cm but was told I was still kinda thick. I was sent home and have still been contracting, but not regularly. I'm still losing my mucus plug slowly, except this morning I lost about a quarter size amount when I wiped, but it wasn't blood tinged. When I asked my midwife about the blood she said that was fine as long as it didn't continue or was a lot. Obviously my baby was fine because I was checked out Friday and sent home. Since then I haven't had any blood either. I would just keep an eye on it and if something doesn't feel right call your doctor. If you want to be reassured call your dot cor today and let them know what happened. It can't hurt and if it makes you feel better, that's all that matters. Good Luck & Congrats!!

Source(s): Lorenzo(9), Marcus(6) & Janessa(EDD 5/28/07)!!

It's your Mucus Plug and it's okay to be bloody. Unfortuantely it doesn't necessarily mean that your about to go into labor. It can be soon or weeks away.

Congratulations!!

this isn't implantation bleeding. that's thanks to early. The egg can no longer implant until eventually between 9 and 12 dpo. This appears like an infection of a few type to me or perchance your era is only somewhat iregular this month. i might want to definately w bypass to the record and carry your question with him. Bleeding after sex etc is a demonstration of clamidia so get checked.

That sounds normal.....you'll probably go into labor very soon! Congrats! You might want to call your OB and let them know what's going on, just to be on the safe side!

it was the bloody show very normal unless you start to bleed lightly or heavy again go or call your doctor

i'm on baby #4 too, just wanted to say CONGRATS!! but i also wanted to say you might want to call your Dr. last time i had blood & mucas so close to due date I was in labor. good luck!