Which has more users? Firefox or Internet Explorer?

• carlos
    Favorite Answer

IE, by far. (85 % to 12 %)

stats are for PC users

Internet Explorer

Most people are clueless to what even a browser is, so therefore IE will be the most used browser.

Typical Windows user:

Hey I just got a new PC. How do I get on the internet?

Duh, which way did he go? I think you click on that blue "e"

Firefox has been growing pretty constant, here are the worldwide numbers IE 78.03%, FF 15.42%:

http://marketshare.hitslink.com/report.aspx?qprid=...

People are slowly but surely realizing that IE is the least secure browser you can be using

I dont know that, but I found Opera as the best.

Now I'm using Opera 9.20, it's an excellent substitute for FF. Most of the extensions in FF are available as plugins as Opera.

Installing extensions in FF makes it more vulnerable to bugs. Also the cache memory is superb, that it has got lightning speed even with slow internet connection, images will load very fast; there is tabbed brousing much more adjustable than FF; image blocking, popup blocking etc are all available in the toolbar itself(in FF u need to install extensions)

Also it open very fast, Firefox takes some time at startup.

Also the theme is fine.

Internet Explorer just becuase it comes on every computer. But Firefox is better. everything IE has now firefox had first.

• Firefox is used on Mac, Windows and Linux

Internet Explorers is used by Windows.

Europe and Asia are Linux users (used in high school)

USA uses Mac

Africa uses Windows (but Linux is coming up)

Firefox wins. IE7 anti-phishing technology has been knowed to be unreliable.

Well both have nearly equal number of users but i prefer Firefox because it leads IE in terms of following W3C Standards and i need to know what my site looks in it, you may have noticed that some sites look different in different browsers on the same computer.

Take Care and Happy Computing

• rbenne

IE by far, while I believe Firefox is better, it requires the user to be proactive in downloading it, while IE is already there.

i like IE greater effective. yet I additionally like Opera. purely difficulty approximately Opera i do in comparison to, is that would recreation websites do no longer paintings nicely with it and that i'd desire to alter to IE. I in no way liked Mozilla Firefox.

i think IE atm, but firefox is catching up pretty quick.