Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 1 decade ago

sex question?

im on orthotrycyclin and i was wondering... do you have to use a back up methodfor seven days every month for every new pack you start... or just the first pack of pills

8 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

You need to use a back up method every month for the first week of pills. For ex. pills go by different colors (white= 1st week, Light blue 2nd wk, dark blue 3rd wk) When on the white pills make sure to use a condom too. And if you miss a pill make sure you use a condom or other method for the next week.

Source(s): orthotrycyclin- lo package
  • 1 decade ago

I took this same brand....you need to use a back up method for the first couple packs only. I would continue to use a back up method to prevent STD's, which is worse than if you were to get pregnant!

• 1 decade ago

you just use the pills ..if you are concerned remember that no birthcontrol is 100% effective..I was on ortho and it worked great..but if you are uneasy make him put on a condom..another birthcontrol method that works good is the shot you get it once every 3 months..and is very effective and you dont have to worry if you forget to take a pill etc..Good lUck

• 1 decade ago

It takes at least that long for the pill to take effect. DO NOT rely on just the pill! If he won't wear a condom send his butt down the road! UNPROTECTED SEX KILLS!

Source(s): Watching a friend die from "HIV related complications".
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Been there done that. You should always use back up protection. I have 2 children. 1st dad had vasectomy, I saw the medical records and scar. second I was taking antibiotics.

• 1 decade ago

ive never heard of that b4 i just took them and had a seven day break and started to take them again when i finnished me period

• 1 decade ago

Are this pills to boost sexual performance or enlarge pennis kind off?

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

no idea what the 9868969 ur talking about!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.