How to get job in UK?

Hi All,

I'm from India (Chennai) currently working as a Sr. Programmer in small MNC

My aim is go to UK

I have 5 years experience in IT industry, nearly 4 years experience in Microsoft Technologies .Net ,Sql server

My plus is strong technical skill and creative knowledge

My minus is qualification is only Diploma.

Please give me a advice to get job in UK

Thanks in Advance

Favorite Answer

Send your resume to the companies you would like to work for.

Trust me it is not easy to get into the IT industry in the UK. I myself have been in the IT game for 10 years, I left my job recently, and spent nearly 4 month's of constant searching to get another one of which I wanted. So even me being born and bred here and also with 10 years of IT it's difficult. Not my intention to put you off but I am just giving you the cold hard fact's.

You have 5 year's experience in IT with sought after employees with .Net and Sql knowledge.

In the UK their is a lack of programmers. So you would have a good chance of getting a job here.

I would use the Internet to look for vacancies in the UK try

www.theitjobsboard.co.uk.

Most companies are looking for two thing's, your skill set to see if you have the requirements and technical ability to do the job and your personality and social interactions, how you would fit in to the company and how you would get on with your fellow colleagues. If the employers thinks both is adequate you have a very strong chance of getting the job.

Hope this helps.

You could search and apply for jobs in the UK on some of the major job websites like Hotjobs,Monster and Careerbuilder. You can also search for jobs and post your resume on Craigslist. More information available at http://tinyurl.com/emdyn

Krish !

You should register your self with Placement Agencies, as well as post your Bio-data to all possible companies in UK recruiting persons with your Qualification and Experience.

Good Luck !!

:))

just take your resume to all the places that you qualify