Which are the strongest military powers in Europe? (first 10)?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Russia

England

France

Italy

Spain

• 1 decade ago

now being that i am not the sharpest tool in the shed at times . i checked my map . seems to me that since the Soviet union does not exist any longer and the country Russia is on the ASIAN content , how could they be the strongest military in Europe ? ??

the strongest military power in Europe

1. England

2. Germany

3 France

4 Italy

5 Spain

only the area west of the Urals is considered part of Europe

and nothing is there that would make russia any type of power in europe

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

There are four nuclear powers in Europe, France, Russia (Moscow, St.Petersberg and other major cities are west of the Urals and therefore in Europe, as are most of their nuclear missiles not aimed at China), the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland and Ukraine, which inherited nukes and part of the Black Sea fleet after the breakup of the USSR.

Of these, Russia definitely has to be considered the strongest, probably followed by Ukraine in the number of warheads or the UK and then France in terms of conventional forces.

The six strongest non-nuclear powers, not in order of strength, would include another country partly in Europe and partly Asian:

1. Turkey - an important NATO member with a large standing army. As for toughness, remember Gallipoli.

2. Germany - still suffering from collective guilt after WW2 and restricted in the operations they can carry out, but still one of the stronger European powers.

3. Poland - former Warsaw Pact member whose Central European position meant they were constantly involved in one war or another. Their lancers were much feared and used by Napolean. Still tough and disciplined, have taken part in Iraq and other campaigns.

4. Serbia - UN ground troops were unable to prevent ethnic cleansing and genocide in the former Yugoslavia and after the USA belatedly joined in with air support only, proved that they could take down stealth aircraft.

5. Greece - more than a match for Italy in WW2 and have since spent a lot of time preparing for another possible showdown with Turkey, although both are members of NATO.

6. Spain - another NATO member which has supported operatons in the former Yugoslavia and Iraq (until the Madrid bombings).

Source(s): Former French Foreign Legionaire widely read in military history.
  • 1 decade ago

France

England

Germany

Austria

Spain

Denmark

Italy

Poland

Sweden

Holland

**not to mention the US forces in a lot of European countries there. And for the answerer that said how can Russia be in there for strongest? Can u say nuclear weapons? Russia is alive and well. Although not part of the Europe.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 4 years ago

Out of China Russia India the ecu and Brazil the ecu is maximum probable to grow to be a superpower first. the ecu has already toppled america of a as a superpower, now no longer is it dominant in economics or politics, as you rightly element out it is the biggest financial equipment interior the international. I doubt Russia would be a superpower for a on a similar time as their financial equipment is in a multitude. i can not see China, Japan and India working mutually... Crusader definite that's interior america of a's interests to derail the ecu yet no longer the united kingdom's. uk organisation desires to be interior the ecu so i'm afraid we are in, the tories wont defy organisation. The tories even have mentioned no longer something approximately leaving the ecu. McDonalds..you made usa fat subsequently your united states has fallen too bits. the U. S. didnt save anyones asses throughout the two of the international wars learn some historic previous.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Probably Russia, followed by the UK then either France or Germany. France has nukes so I give them the edge over Germany.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

OMG are you all this dumb ?

russia is not in Europe it's in Asia

Congrats to Dr. Bucksnort the only one to catch that

Source(s): me , i'm Asian
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

England (who can argue with sas)

Swedish countries

Russia

Spain

Portugal

Berlin

Italy

at the bottom France

• 1 decade ago

In all of Europe, You'd have:

Russia

Germany

Britain (UK)

France

The Netherlands

Italy

Belgium

Portugal

Spain

Norway

• 1 decade ago

id say the british.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.