Slow to no movement?

Now 38 weeks

Throughout my third trimester my baby's has been very active. This past saturday I felt her move very little (only twice the entire day). Anyone know why she would have stopped moving as much? Yesterday and today she is back to moving as she did normally. I'm going to the doctor today and will mention it to him as well, but just wanted to see if anyone else had this happen and/or if you know why?

Favorite Answer

The same exact thing happened to me over this weekend. I'm 37 weeks and my baby is usually very active and on Saturday I barely felt her move. I even tried drinking cold water and she didn't move half as much. I'm not sure why this is, but I wanted to let you know that you're not alone. Now she's back to moving regularly, but it had me worried for a minute. Congrats on your pregnancy, good luck and God bless.

Are you not doing kick counts? I had to do kick counts every day from 29 weeks to delivery to ensure that I felt at least 15 kicks in a 2 hour period. As long as she is back to being active it should be fine and she was probably having a bad day but if it happens again drink some juice to get her active again.

Im nearly 37 weeks and this happens to me quite a bit. Some days she is really active, and then she has a series of days that she is not so much. It has me worrying like mad. i put it down to her not having as much room to muck around in. As long as i do feel her move occasionally throughout the day, I think its ok. Very worrying tho, i must admit.

Relax...if baby moved then quit then resumed you are good...Ask ob about timing movements...sometimes they move all around at night then slack off during the day...could be position...You are at 38 weeks...expect anything and everything...good luck