If I lost my UK passport in the UK?

I have lost my British passport in the UK by showing bouncers my age when I go out to night clubs and it must of fallen out of my pocket because I cant find it anywhere! Should I just reapply to get another one? Do I have to prove that I have lost it or what? What questions will be asked?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

You need to go to the embassy ASAP, report it stolen or lost, and prove yourself as "blah" with documents, etc.

Good luck!

• 1 decade ago

You havr to report it stolen, and then provide a copy of the report to theUK Passport Agency. Since there are no Brittish embassies in GB, it would be hard for you to get a new passport that way, as you can' t leave the country without one.

• 1 decade ago

You need to report your passport lost as soon as possible. Have a look at the UK Passport Agency website:

http://www.passport.gov.uk/passport_lost_uk.asp

• 1 decade ago

you have to report it stolen or lost and have a crime number from the police ( i got mine nicked last year) they replace it in a week, but it can be done in 24 hrs in emergencies.

you have to go and pick it up from the passport office in london. it is a hassle, because they dont make it too easy so people dont just sell their passport and say they lost it. maybe wait a few days as someone may have posted it back to you ? YOU never know..

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

You must report the loss to the Police asap. They will inform you what you need to do get a replacement.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.