Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsSTDs · 1 decade ago

I have thrush, does this mean I could have HIV?

I have had a complete blood count done, which came to be normal, I have a strong immune system and a large appetite. I know I have a strong immune system because I can fight off a cold in a day, and even when around sick people, I'm fine. The only thing is that I have a Thrush. I'm not sure when I started having thrush but looking online has freaked me out. Everywhere I look it talks about thrush and HIV. I really don't think I have HIV because I've been very safe in terms of sex and have never exchanged needles.

I have a white stuff on my tongue and when i brush it, I can get most of it off but if you look closely you can still see a little bit on.

Please only serious answers because I'm freaking out.

thanks

1

2

Source(s): Eliminate Yeast Infection Fast - http://yeastcure.trustdd.com/?uTRr

Thrush is just a yeast infection in the mouth. It doesn't mean you have HIV. Go to the dr. if you haven't already and just as a side note, eat yogurt with active cultures, it will help get rid of it.

Source(s): RN student
  • ?

Great book! I'm on the second week and seeing definite improvement on my yeast infection symptoms https://tr.im/HowToCureYeastInfection

Note that:

If the yeast infection doesn't respond to over the counter treatment, prescription medication will likely be necessary. Similarly, if the symptoms return after two months of being treated, you should contact the doctor for professional treatment rather than resorting again to home treatment. If this is the first time you have experienced a yeast infection, you should schedule an appointment to have the condition treated by a doctor instead of resorting to home treatment

Source(s):

https://tr.im/HowToCureYeastInfection

How Can Thrush Be Prevented?

The following practices can help minimize your chance of developing thrush:

Follow good oral hygiene practices. Brush your teeth at least twice a day and floss at least once a day.

Avoid mouthwashes or sprays. These products can destroy the normal balance of microorganisms in your mouth.

See your dentist regularly. Especially if you have diabetes or wear dentures.

Limit the amount of sugar and yeast-containing foods you eat. Foods such as bread, beer, and wine encourage candida growth.

If you smoke, quit. Ask your doctor or dentist about ways to help you kick the habit.

Thrush is an infection of the mouth caused by the candida fungus, also known as yeast. Candida infection is not limited to the mouth; it can occur in other parts of the body as well, causing diaper rash in infants or vaginal yeast infections in women.

Thrush can affect anyone, though it occurs most often in babies and toddlers, older adults, and people with weakened immune systems.

What Causes Thrush?

Small amounts of the candida fungus are present in the mouth, digestive tract, and skin of most healthy people and are normally kept in check by other bacteria and microorganisms in the body. However, certain illnesses, stress, or medications can disturb the delicate balance, causing the fungus candida to grow out of control, causing infection.

Medications that upset the balance of microorganisms in the mouth and may cause thrush include corticosteroids, antibiotics, and birth control pills. Illnesses or medical situations that make candida infection more likely to develop include uncontrolled diabetes, HIV infection, cancer, dry mouth, or pregnancy (caused by the hormonal changes that occur with pregnancy). People who smoke or wear dentures that don't fit properly also are at increased risk for thrush. In addition, babies can pass the infection to their mothers during breast-feeding.

What Are the Symptoms of Thrush?

Thrush usually develops suddenly, but it may become chronic, persisting over a long period of time. A common sign of thrush is the presence of creamy white, slightly raised lesions in your mouth – usually on your tongue or inner cheeks – but also sometimes on the roof of your mouth, gums, tonsils, or back of your throat. The lesions, which may have a "cottage cheese" appearance, can be painful and may bleed slightly when you scrape them or brush your teeth. In severe cases, the lesions may spread into your esophagus, or swallowing tube, causing:

Pain or difficulty swallowing

A feeling that food gets stuck in the throat or mid-chest area

Fever, if the infection spreads beyond the esophagus

Thrush can spread to other parts of the body, including the lungs, liver, and skin. This happens more often in people with cancer, HIV, or other conditions that weaken the immune system.

How Is Thrush Diagnosed?

Your dentist can make the diagnosis by examining your mouth. He or she looks for the distinctive white lesions on your mouth, tongue, or cheeks. Lightly brushing the lesions away reveals a reddened, tender area that may bleed slightly. A microscopic examination of tissue from a lesion can confirm the diagnosis.

Thrush that may extend into your esophagus may require other tests to make the diagnosis. Such tests might include taking a throat culture (swabbing the back of your throat with sterile cotton and studying the microorganisms under a microscope), performing an endoscopy of your esophagus, stomach, and small intestine (examining the lining of these body areas with a lighted camera mounted on the tip of a tube passed through these areas), or taking X-rays of your esophagus

I do understand! I get Thrush sometime but i also have diabetes and bad teeth cuz of diabetes.

sound like you take of your health.

Eliminate Yeast Infection Fast - http://yeastcured.uzaev.com/?OUZv

If you have seen a doctor and have had a complete blood count done you have bee careful when it come too sex then, WHY ARE YOU FREAKED OUT? stop borrowing problems .

Don't freak out, the answer is NO