If we did discover alien life, and it was hostile, what should be our response?

Favorite Answer

well....i guess...first v wll try 2 negotiate with them...n if they won't listen......v wll follow...Newton's third law....every action has an equal n opposite reaction........

It is extremely unlikely that WE will discover alien life. Rather it is likley that aliens will discover us. In the vastness of the universe, we are like a radio that was accidentally left on in the garage. What happens to that radio? It gets turned off. Ever since the invention of the radio, we have been bleeding radio waves into space. The intensity and amount have steadily increased in the decades since. Thus, while our SETI program is underway, we are able to evaluate less than 1% of space. But while our radio waves continue to bleed off and expand into space, it is like putting up a neon sign that read "Vacancy". Thus when you ask about alien life, we should beg for mercy. Ask for our species to survive, if for no other reason than for observation and experimentation.

It would be unlikely in the extreme that our civilization will have greater power than the alien one. When I say power, I mean the power to destroy. We only have the power to destroy ourselves, which based on global warming and nuclear proliferation, we we are getting quite good at.

No, I must say that our salvation would likely be to ask for mercy. We do likely have some things that would be considered interesting for an alien society to study. I'll bet that our art, and literature (story-telling), music, theater and movies would be considered interesting to alien civilizations. I'll also bet that our religions and our fascination with them would also be considered interesting.

I find it to be funny that people criticize music (rap, rock etc.) and movies and these types of things so much, and, when it finally comes down to it, these will be the things that will lead to our salvation.

Given what has happened recently, our government probably would not even try to find out if the aliens were friendly or hostile. In a peremptory manner, they would just drop the big one.

Really it would be kinda pointless to just jump into a battle with some creatures we don't even know anything about. I say that the Gov would try and examine them for weaknesses or what ever. Once they find a weakness attack. It would be suicide if you go up against something more advanced than our race lol.

If alien life discovered us and we were hostile, how should they respond? Think about it from their point of view.

If alien life was discovered it would most likely be much more advanced then us, so they would be able to make much better weapons. We wouldn't stand a chance.

Same as in the movie Signs.

God created all that is out there,and the devil is between the earth and the third Heaven where God reigns. I wouldn't doubt the existence of whatever, being the devil continues to try and imitate the only one true creator. God has already made it clear the devils end and he works 24-7's to destroy lives.

Best know your spiritual weapons for warfare. <><

If our technology is superior wipe them out if not,hide maybe they will go away.

uh...Fight back....or are you anti-war. Lets just take it like little b*@*ches and be probed you know where. Sounds like fun.